Losing weight to fast?

Options
Lexino
Lexino Posts: 153 Member
Okay so I start on May 19 and I'm down 25 lbs. I'm exercising regularly (not constantly) and I eat all my calories, give or take. I just want to make sure this is okay- since it's averaging about 3-3.5lbs per week. I just don't want my body to shut down (even though i AM getting all my calories) or when I get to my goal weight and start maitenence that I won't gain it all back immediately. Anyway- is this normal? I don't mind losing so quickly but I don't want it to backfire in the end...THanks!!

Replies

• Lexino
    Options
    Okay so I start on May 19 and I'm down 25 lbs. I'm exercising regularly (not constantly) and I eat all my calories, give or take. I just want to make sure this is okay- since it's averaging about 3-3.5lbs per week. I just don't want my body to shut down (even though i AM getting all my calories) or when I get to my goal weight and start maitenence that I won't gain it all back immediately. Anyway- is this normal? I don't mind losing so quickly but I don't want it to backfire in the end...THanks!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I posted your exact post about 2 weeks ago. I'd been on for 2 weeks and lost almost 10lbs. Banks' comment to me was that if, after 2 months or so, it's still at that rate, try putting in some more cals to slow things down so the loss doesn't backfire. Depending on how much you have to lose you also want to consider the possibility of loose skin with quick weight loss. But GOOD FOR YOU!!! I bet you feel GREAT! :happy: :happy:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    :) Good for you! It is normal to lose the first chunk of weight quickly. It was probably very easy to gain also! It is that last bit of weight that will be hard! You lose the easiest weight first - you probably notice a thinner face etc... but that stubborn weight will be the last to go and will be hard. I have had more of a hard time with my last 3 lbs than with my first 10... :grumble: But I figure if I am in this for the long haul then oh well, it will eventually come off...

So... just dont get discouraged when the weight loss slows down! But congrats on your start.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

I envy you-- I have been going had it hardcore since Febuary (thats when I hit my plateau) it has taken me 4 months to lose 4lbs- and I workout and watch my calories to a T-- I wouldn't worry about how fast your losing as long as your not starving yourself-- your body obviously is adjusting to the change in your diet (thats a good thing) so enjoy your weightloss- now don't get discouraged when the weight loss slows down--
  • Lexino
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I guess I will enjoy it while it comes off fast! And your right mjtwomail, my face is the first thing I noticed!