Chewing on my Nails....

Options
How can I stop. I'm developing the habit of chewing on my fingernails. I've caught myself doing it 2-4 times. How can I stop.:ohwell:

Thank you!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    How can I stop. I'm developing the habit of chewing on my fingernails. I've caught myself doing it 2-4 times. How can I stop.:ohwell:

Thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Oh! I posted this a week or so ago - go to amazon and order yourself Trind Nail repair - it is the only nail stuff that has worked for me! I put a fresh coat on every 3-4 days sometimes 2-3 if I have had a tough work day and they get scratched - fresh nailpolish keeps me from biting.

second suggestion - wipe vinegar on your nails so the taste turns you off....
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    90% of the germs on your hands live under your nails. That and my friends' testimonials that they got a lot healthier when they stopped was enough for me! Otherwise, spread vaseline on your nails--it tastes terrible!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Oh! I posted this a week or so ago - go to amazon and order yourself Trind Nail repair - it is the only nail stuff that has worked for me! I put a fresh coat on every 3-4 days sometimes 2-3 if I have had a tough work day and they get scratched - fresh nailpolish keeps me from biting.

second suggestion - wipe vinegar on your nails so the taste turns you off....
    I'm 34 and still bite my nails, especially when I'm stressed!
    Too bad, I like Vinegar!
    and it is true about the germs, but I don't even realize that I am doing it, it's been a habit I've had since I was about 3.
  • AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I mostly chew on my nails when I'm thinking :D
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    I do my nails, i mean i bite the real ones off, well almost, I glue fack nails on.
    and that helps me a lote.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Imagine all the crud living under your nails...

Imagine all the stuff you don't perfectly wash out...

Now imagine chewing on it.

How's that?

I've never been a nail biter, but pretty much cured both my kids early on by explaining the same thing. GROSS!!!