Breakfast no-no

Options
Hi~

I am new. Is a slim fast bar and coffee for breakfast a total no-no? I have a hard time doing the breakfast thing

Replies

• sferguson
    sferguson Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi~

I am new. Is a slim fast bar and coffee for breakfast a total no-no? I have a hard time doing the breakfast thing
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    throw in a serving of fresh fruit, or even 100% fruit juice and I'd say you're doing alright.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day. It is vital to give your body the calories it needs in the morning to get going.
  • sferguson
    sferguson Posts: 13
    Options
    I will try that! We have a fridge at work.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.. but if you have a hard time eating that is fine... but i agree try to add some fresh fruit too.... slim fast has the nutrients but Solid food helps keep you fuller longer... :bigsmile:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast:

1 Cup raw spinach
    1-2 Tbs Salsa (hot)
    3-4 egg whites

Scramble these three ingredients for an omlet type thing.

1/2 cup oatmeal with cinnamon sprinkled on top.

Approx 250 cals (I can look up the exact amount if you want). Very yummy and satisfying and full of good stuff.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Its best to get most of your carbs in breakfast- kick starts motabolism, stays with you through the morning, and then your eating your proteins and dairy later in the day which digest faster so you won't be digesting when you go to bed. There are some other reasons carbs are better in the morning but I don't remember them, lol, so just trust me. Try a whole wheat mini bagel and some fruit or a quaker oatmeal bar or nutrigrain fruit bar. These are quick and easy to eat and will stay with you until lunch for sure. Happy breakfast :smile:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel hungry at breakfast, try eating a mid-morning snack/meal like yogurt with fruit, and/or cereal, string cheese and turkey, a fiber one bar, a bagel, something to keep you going early in the day. Several smaller meals during the day also works great to keep you going.:flowerforyou: