P90X...Can anyone explain to me...

kgage1011
kgage1011 Posts: 11 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I am on week 2 of P90X. Tonight I did Plyometrics. Last week when I did this, I busted them out pretty darn good being that I hadn't exercised in years. Tonight however, I was struggling. Of course I know it is meant to be a struggle, but I couldn't even maintain what I did last week. Any thoughts as to why?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    There's tons and tons of possibilities for this, and they don't have as much to do with P90X as it does YOU since this happens with everyone at some point on any exercise regimen...

Maybe you aren't eating enough. People often underestimate how many calories they need to take it. Something like 1200 is ridiculously low for P90X, for example.

Maybe you didn't have enough water.

Maybe your body is tired and recovering from last week's pounding since it's only been a couple of days since you did Legs & Back.

Maybe you were just tired in general.

Maybe your hormones are doing different things this week...personally, right before TOM my hormones cause me to be more sluggish in my workouts no matter how hard I push.

Maybe it's mental and your mind was thinking of something while you were working out other than your workout. I have noticed this can have an affect on how I perform, especially on cardio days.

But whatever it happens to be, just make sure that you are eating right, drinking enough water, and do your best in the workouts. We all have bad days for whatever reason. Shoot, this is Week 10 for me in my 7th round of P90X and my cardio yesterday was not as good as it was 3 weeks ago. Doesn't mean I didn't burn enough calories...cause I am losing pounds and inches with each passing week. I am now back in my size 6's when I started the year in 10's. (strange that I only lost 7 pounds so far, but inches are more important to me). Just keep doing your best and forget about today. Move on to tomorrow!
  • kgage1011
    kgage1011 Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you so much. That was really insightful. MFP has me eating 1400 calories a day and I had just asked a friend yesterday if I was suppose to eat what I was burning. I think that and the lack of water is my problem. I'm tackling it though!!
This discussion has been closed.