What's the most influential change you've made

Options
2»

Replies

• SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My biggest change was drinking more water & less soda. I now rarely drink soda, I haven't had a full one in a long time, and I drink well over 120 ounces of water a day.

I also stopped drinking alcohol, or at least cut waaaaaay back. I only have a drink every once in a while, not nearly like I used to.

SG :glasses:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    my biggest change are in the foods I buy, my fridge is now overloaded with veggies and lower fat dairy, white meats, and whole grains. I love looking for healthier ways to make dinner and have even gotten my fiances thumbs up on some swaps I have never been a big buyer of chips crackers and sweets so my fiance always thinks we don't have anything to eat. I am turning into a health food nut for myself and my children and am happy to take the fiance for the ride too, something I used to roll my eyes at. :)
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    adding good carbs back into my diet. I had been doing low carbs and decided that I could not live my life that way so I added them back in once I joined here in January. I did put about 8 lbs back on but that has stabalized and now my body has adjusted to the carb shock. It really has made a difference in my energy levels. So now hopefully I can work on getting those 8 pounds back off and if a couple more fall off with them then FANTASTIC!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Exercise and tracking my intake--but exercise has made the biggest difference.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Right I really only get on here to log in my info and that's it. I thought it was kinda strange that you can look at peoples profile or even have a chat room instead of posting messages in a message board. I think I would like that better. Then you could chat back and forth on whatever topics you wanted to talk about. I love the site but that's just my thought.

there is a place where people chat!!! you have to sign up but its so fun when people are on. Let me find a link for you on the instructions of how to do so.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Logging my calories. It takes some hard work, and I don't always stick with it as much as I should, but its helped me completely reform my entire diet.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I went from not eating breakfast ever to eating a pretty good one. I read that as you approach your 40s, 40-50% of your calories should come from breakfast. I eat about 30% of them now at breakfast and have noticed a huge difference during the day as far as less hunger and less snacking. I actually look forward to it now whereas before the thought of eating in the morning would make me sick.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I went from not eating breakfast ever to eating a pretty good one. I read that as you approach your 40s, 40-50% of your calories should come from breakfast. I eat about 30% of them now at breakfast and have noticed a huge difference during the day as far as less hunger and less snacking. I actually look forward to it now whereas before the thought of eating in the morning would make me sick.

thats really good to know..i skip breakfast way more often than i should...the thought of it makes me sick also. But right now i am eating oatmeal (almost 11:00 but at least its something) and im going to push my lunch back from my normal, since today is a heavy exercise day.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    First off, since joining mpf I quit smoking. Also I don't give up anymore, if I screw up I get right back on track where before I'd throw my hands up and say screw it, gain 20 lbs and sit around moping all the time. This site and the people on it have really helped me with my esteem and helped me think of things in a positive light!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    wow you all rock!!!!

I think for me the logging and realizing actually how much I was eating....I was never a meal eater, just a grazer/picker and those add up sooooo I changed my way of eating and learned how to adjust my cals to keep me full longer.

I also am sooo addicted to the runner's club here!!! :drinker: (:heart: shout out to all my homies there!:heart: ) it keeps me on track...literally LOL....

plus just checking in here everyday...as much fun as it is helps me sooo much! love this place and you all!:flowerforyou:

hugs!
    Ali
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm where shall I start???

Very little soda for one...lots of water instead...but yes, I do still drink an occasional soda.:wink:
    Working out, I never thought I would enjoy working out, but I do.:happy:
    Logging my food intake....it really opens your eyes. And if you want to eat more you have to learn to eat healthier foods or the calories are gone in like, um, one meal...:angry:
    And, I've turned into a gutter gangmember...:bigsmile:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I have stopped looking in the mirror and telling myself I'm fat and ugly. I am looking now and saying, hokay, I'm not perfect, won't ever be, but I am doing all the right things to be healthy!!!!

Great question girlie!

I would have to agree with this for sure! :flowerforyou:
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Drinking water.
    No Soda.
    Logging everything that I eat.
    No sugars.
    Eating enough calories.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    for me it has been actually eating i used to be like so many others and not eat until like 3 in the afternoon, then eat dinner at six and then snack at 8 and lay on the couch all night

now i eat at 9am small something
    11am small something
    12:30 lunch
    2:30 some type of fruit
    6pm dinner
    8pm snack

and dont sit and relax until 9 or so