Chillies Uk

Options
Im wanting to cook with chillies but don't like really hot chillies. I only ever cook with sweet chilli sauce or chilli powder. Does anyone know which chillies in Uk supermarkets are mild ones? Thanks :)

Replies

• hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb is the bigger the chilli, the milder the heat. So if you went for a bigger chilli and removed the seeds before cooking (as these are hot) you should be alright - just experiment with how much you want to add to whatever it is you're cooking. Also wash your hands straight after cooking because if you rub your eyes it reeeeally hurts (from past experience!)

H :)
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    In Tesco they do bags of fresh chillies and they are in bags of mild mix, hot mix and mixed. I also add a can of baked beans to my chilli to take the edge off! Hope this helps x
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    Thanks, I saw a honey chicken recipe on here and want to make it honey chilli chicken :)
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I saw a honey chicken recipe on here and want to make it honey chilli chicken :)
    lol prehaps give the beans a miss then !
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    It was really lovely but I didn't put enough chilli in, couldn't taste chilli :)