Push to dip under 200

Options
I've been stuck at 204 for quite a while, I'm hoping lugging a 40+ pound backpack through the mountains will make a difference. (No reliable water where we are going, so I will have 20# of water in my pack) I am bring about 3,500 calories a day, I estimate burning over 6,000. So I'm thinking I could drop a couple pounds in those three days. As long as I finish the week within my normal calories, I have to be close to 199.

I'm just a little worried about the necessary ramping up the eating for a couple days then needing to shut it back down.

Replies

• marysimmons
    marysimmons Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    wow good luck on your little journey!! I hope that you are succesful!!
  • Dave59
    Dave59 Posts: 28
    Options
    Your post caught my eye because I am a few weeks away from break 200 for the first time in a lot years. Hiking in the mountains is a great way to reach it. I think it'll work. The motivation to stay under 200 should be enough to help you shut the eating back down.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! that sounds like it should do the trick!!! and have a great time too =)

I've been hovering between 202 and 199 (only saw it once so far ....) maybe I need a hiking trip to kick it into gear ;-)
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your hike!! Sounds fun!! re worried about ramping up and having to return to normal eating; Totally get that!! I have to do that every time I go for my weekend long runs. I think that MFP has really helped me balance my daily intake better. If I mess up one day (usually a rest day) I can balance things out the next day or two by exercising more and not eating all the calories I burned so that over the course of those days, I have eaten less than I have burned overall.
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just finished packing and my backpack is hovering right at 50 pounds. (2 gallons of water). I figure walking that stuff around for three days has to burn a few calories lol