It has been awhile since I have posted!

Options
I am starting back with MFP again. I really never meant to quit. I found out that I had cervical cancer about a month ago. I completely stopped logging. I was really suprised about the fact that even though I stopped logging I was still aware of what I what I was eating. I have to admit the stress of everything made me fall back to some old habit. I had surgery a week ago and at this point they believe the removed all the malignant tissue. I will find out exactly what my next step will be in about a week. I spoke with my doctor about my "dieting" I told him about this site. He said it was a great thing and that it could only help me. He told me to remember that I needed to eat 1200 good calories. So I think that will change how I have done things in the past on this site. I was eating 1200 calories, but not really good calories. I might would have something bad for me during the day and then skimp the rest of the day. So from now on 1200 calories of healthy food. I am even thinking about switching to organic, but I haven't really made my mind up on that one. :happy: By they way I maintained by weight through the whole thing :happy:

Replies

• ehorner1976
    ehorner1976 Posts: 147
    Options
    I am starting back with MFP again. I really never meant to quit. I found out that I had cervical cancer about a month ago. I completely stopped logging. I was really suprised about the fact that even though I stopped logging I was still aware of what I what I was eating. I have to admit the stress of everything made me fall back to some old habit. I had surgery a week ago and at this point they believe the removed all the malignant tissue. I will find out exactly what my next step will be in about a week. I spoke with my doctor about my "dieting" I told him about this site. He said it was a great thing and that it could only help me. He told me to remember that I needed to eat 1200 good calories. So I think that will change how I have done things in the past on this site. I was eating 1200 calories, but not really good calories. I might would have something bad for me during the day and then skimp the rest of the day. So from now on 1200 calories of healthy food. I am even thinking about switching to organic, but I haven't really made my mind up on that one. :happy: By they way I maintained by weight through the whole thing :happy:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your recovery. I have heard that organic foods can really help in cancer recovery. Here's praying for a full recovery.:flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and my sincere thoughts and prayers are with you. :heart:
  • sydenham24
    sydenham24 Posts: 33
    Options
    welcome back! who is the cute animal in the photo?
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad you were able to stay on track even through such a tough time. YEY FOR YOU!!! I am sending healthy thoughts your way!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    big hugs for you! You know we are here to lift you up anytime you are down. <3