Can't lose any weight... :-(

Options
I've stuck at the same weight for almost a year now(11 stone) I would like another 7 pounds off, but it just won't happen. This week i decided to totally knuckle down no cheating.... I went to gym 3 times, was under my cals every day bar 1 and I lost 1/4 of a pound. This is soul distroying. Im not a cook so I tend to stick to the same foods alot but surely I should be seeing something

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Give it another week of really sticking to it. Sometimes your body needs more than a week to accept the change in the diet. Also, everyone is different. Some people need to extend their weigh ins from weekly to every 10 days (or more).

Also, if you are close to goal (it looks like you are), your weight will come off slower. For me, if I stick to the net calories of 1200, I will only lose .7 pounds per week according to MFP. So, if I go over, it would be less than that. Maybe you are in the same situation?
  • kendallan
    kendallan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    why dont you try to the jason vale lose 7 pounds in 7 days ? the book is amazing and is only 15 dollars. i would recommend thst to lose weight, detox and get your body full of nutrients. or you can try a raw diet where for 7 days you eat nothing but raw foods like veggies and fruits. and maybe you could jump start your diet with a hydrocolonic.
  • kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you don't cook are you eating foods that are potentially high sodium as that could stunt loss? Also, how is your water intake? I weigh the same and it has got harder to shift the weight now - for my weight I am supposed to drink 2.1 litres everyday to keep my motabilism burning cals at the best rate.

Also, if you are going to the gym you could be building heavier muscle - do you take measurements?

Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Those last 10 are really hard. Having said that you should be glad you have kepted the weight off, be proud. Now to the problem getting those last 7 lbs off. I would think you really need to change things up food and exercise. Try eating different ways a protein always mixed with carbs. exercise that needs to be change for sure our bodies are so good at getting use to and accepting what we do. Exercise 5 days a week and if you are not strenght training start now muscle burns more calories all day long. good luck
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Not all calories are created equal. Are you eating lots of fruit and veggie? How much starch and meat do you eat? Also I work out 6 days a week. You need to exercise more for an hour is my guess. The 3x a week stuff is for maintaining not losing weight. I went to a sports dietitian and had my metabolism tested and she created a diet for me and that was money well spent. Not a nutritionist a dietitian big difference in expertise.
  • mara232
    mara232 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person who said to change your diet around. Look at eating less carbs - that always kicks things up a notch for me.
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    I have hit a wall as well. I am trying to intake actually more calories than normal to try and boost my metabolism. I still feel great so I'm not worried about it a lot. But I really want to see that number budge! Keep up the great work! It will come!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    After briefly looking over your food diary over the last couple of weeks, I can tell you are a fan of carbs (breads and pastas). However, I dont see many veggies and few fruits.

My recommendation would be (since you are trying to lose so little, I am assuming you are pretty close to the proper weight?) to stop actually looking at how much you weigh and begin to tone. See how many inches you are losing or how much body fat is disappearing. If you are going to the gym and are toning muscle, you aren't going to lose too much weight anyway, or you will see the same type of small losses. That is the one disadvantage of losing weight when you are pretty close to the 'ideal.'

Food wise, I would recommend changing up what you are eating. Stay clear of the breads and pastas for awhile if you can. Instead, lightly steam (easy to do in the microwave) green beans, peppers, broccoli, and eat those with your chicken rather than the pasta. For lunches, try a simple salad with baby spinach (tastes like lettuce when raw and much better for you than boring lettuce), grilled/roasted chicken, carrots, light dressing (I go for a roasted red pepper italian myself). Not only are these recommendations tasty, they dont take much cooking skill, they will change up your diet which your body many have gotten too used to, and they arent super expensive :)
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    why dont you try to the jason vale lose 7 pounds in 7 days ? the book is amazing and is only 15 dollars. i would recommend thst to lose weight, detox and get your body full of nutrients. or you can try a raw diet where for 7 days you eat nothing but raw foods like veggies and fruits. and maybe you could jump start your diet with a hydrocolonic.

Gimmick's like this are not the answer. Eating lots of fruits and veggies and and small portions of lean protein are the way to do it. No sugar, limit salt as much as possible (time to learn to cook, pre-packaged foods are loaded with salt), limit artificial sweeteners as much as possible (or eliminate them), and drink LOTS of water.

The fruits and veggies will help boost your potassium intake that can help offset the reduced amount of salt you take in. Sodium is a real killer in all prepared foods, cooking for yourself is really the best way to avoid this.

Don't lose hope, you can do it if you really want too. Just focus and log EVERYTHING.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm not nearly as close to goal as you, but I was stuck, stuck, stuck and couldn't lose. I changed up a couple of things and had some success so I've change a couple more things this week and we'll see.

If you're eating a lot of prepared foods you are taking in a lot of sodium. I have tried to keep my sodium under 1200 each day and believe it is helping me. I gave up Splenda. There's likely something in your diet that you know isn't doing you any favors - give that up for just a week and see.

You may need to add some activity to every day, not just gym days. Walking is free and can be done anywhere. It may not have massive calorie burn, but it gets you moving and is just generally good for you.

Had I done as well as you at maintaining I would be a happier woman today! Good on you.
  • kendallan
    kendallan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    also you don't cook? so does that mean you eat a lot of processed foods that bascially just need warmed up? the only that you should be in a can is beans like chick peas kidney beans etc. i would maybe cut out processed foods and try eating more lively food that have not been touched my man. email me privately on here and i can help you more if you would like.