when es exercise start to feel good?

Options
ive been exercising for two weeks now fitness dvds, running, and now doing a bit of the wii fitt, think ive finally found one i prefer (the wii fit) and im finding it abit of a chour at the moment, i have to do it about 6pm when babies gone to bed, or when i get in from work at 9 pm : / my knees are starting to ease to up now after killing for a week !!! but when does it start to improve your mood? or when do you find it fun ??? im just feeling tired & starving at the minute .... also no weigh loss which i know will take time and miracles dont happen, but i just need some motivation to carry on : ) thanks

Replies

• cehrenhaus
    Options
    I think it is in part a matter of habit. I can say I do feel really good when I exercise, but it also has to be the right kind of exercise. So maybe you just need to find something that engages you. I like yoga, running, walking, tai-chi, for example. I tried Tae-Bo and though I stuck to it for almost a year I found it boring and I ended up dropping it.
    Maybe try eating a pre-work out snack about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour before working out? And then eat after working out. Your body will adapt and you will miss it if you don't do it that day! Good luck with your journey!
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    If you are sore maybe you are doing too much too fast. For me it took a few months. Now I don't think.of exercise in those terms now I play sports. Exercise sounds like a chore playing sports is fun. Sounds like u have a lot of family responsibilities which makes it tough but you must be a priority to. If u give up you'll look back 10 years from now having to lose maybe 100 pounds. No joke. There's many.women on here that can testify to that. Chin up u can do this.
  • Ninerz113
    Ninerz113 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good job! Just keep it up for a couple more weeks until working out starts to become a habit. Your body is adjusting to the change right now but once you get more used to it, you won't feel as hungry and miserable all the time. Your body will actually start to crave the exercise - trust me! Just keep up the good work!
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It takes some time to get that "runner's high". playing Wii or other light aerobics probably won't do it. You need to be in your target heart range for 20 minutes to even start doing some real good and get the endorphins flowing.
    Right now I'm about 1 hour post 6 3/4 mile run and I feel awesome. This is the longest run I have done since loosing my weight. Even on "bad" runs I get that endorphin high because for me a "bad" run is around 2.5 to 3 miles and a half an hour.

As you get in better shape and push yourself harder it will come. Make sure you are eating enough for your body to properly respond to your working out.

Keep up the good work, your body will get used to and then crave it.