5K!!

Options
:happy: Well folks I am training to do a 5K for April 3rd!! :happy: I can't believe that I am actually going to do this! Yesterday I jogged 2 miles straight and I was so proud of myself! I know I can do this! I am also working on maybe a half marathon for the same day. That way if I feel like I am ready I will be able to do it! Wow I am so glad I finally found an exercise that I love an know I can do! I feel amazing and so happy that I am challenging myself! I am going to push through this and make it! I know I can! 5K here I come! I feel amazing!
Just wanted to share my joy with everyone else! Also to ask for advice on training. Anything positive that will help me reach my goal I would love to take! :happy:
Thanks Mama Hafner!

Replies

• kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I ran my first 5k last year and this year I am on to a half-marathon! It only gets better from here and you will feel so proud of yourself when you cross the finish line! The first race is a special one so enjoy it and see if a loved one can get a picture or video of you crossing the finish line!
  • cehrenhaus
    Options
    Congratulations! You will love it!

I ran my first 5K last summer, I was planning to run another one but I got pregnant and since I am at a 'risk pregnancy' I cannot exercise (boo!!) but I am so going back after the baby comes! I am planning to use the schedule that helped me to run my first 5K. I got it from runner's world and you can find it here
    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244--13534-2-1X2-3,00.html

It really works. I got into it earlier than you so I am confident that you can do this with no problems at all! If you want a schedule for a half, they also have them in their webpage.

Good luck in your race! :D