where do your scales call home?

curleesam
curleesam Posts: 462 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
My scales have to live under the bed until my fortnightly weigh in or else I get obsessed.

Once I weigh, I weigh in the EXACT SAME SPOT every time. If I put the scales on carpet I get a different reading to when they are on flat laminate flooring. Even then, if I put them in a different spot on the floor the reading can vary. Now, I keep a note of EXACTLY where I weigh. Am I being obsessive or does anyone else do this?

Replies

• in the upstairs bathroom - every morning at 7am when I get up its right there looking at me!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Mine lives in my kitchen, on the hard wood floor.. Every morning, first thing I do :)
    You're definitely right about the carpet. I don't like tape off a square, but I don't move it to my bathroom randomly either ;)
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    I don't think that is obsessive - my scales are always in the same place anyway - in the bathroom. Obsessive is when you have to weigh yourself every single night and morning! How do you stick to once fortnightly?!

I've just seen that your pre-pregnancy weight is the same as mine. I'm 0.8lbs away from mine - but still have another 32 lbs to lose after that (i'm only 5'4"). You've done so well!

:happy:
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    under the bathroom sink
  • I keep my scale in the same spot also. However, I keep it by the fridge, cuz if I get a craving, I will look at it to get some self control. Its in plain site to remind me that I'm counting calories and exercising for a reason!!
  • I do the same thing. Mine are in the bathroom where I weigh every morning on the EXACT same line on the linoleum! haha
  • jayne2304
    jayne2304 Posts: 16
    Mine too - upstairs bathroom - but i try and resist getting on them which is easy at the mo as loss is slow but when i get smaller i can get very obsessed
  • curleesam
    I don't think that is obsessive - my scales are always in the same place anyway - in the bathroom. Obsessive is when you have to weigh yourself every single night and morning! How do you stick to once fortnightly?!

I've just seen that your pre-pregnancy weight is the same as mine. I'm 0.8lbs away from mine - but still have another 32 lbs to lose after that (i'm only 5'4"). You've done so well!

:happy:

Thats why I now weigh myself fortnightly as I was weighing myself every day before!! Losing pregnancy weight is hard so well done on getting this far! I am hoping to lose another 14lbs or so once I get to my pre pregnancy weight.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Mine stays in the bathroom since I weigh everyday, but my toddlers move it many times during the day. I try to have it in the same spot, and sometimes I'll weigh a few times to make sure I have an accurate read out.
  • curleesam
    Sooooo glad I am not the only one!
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    my BF has just hidden mine and it's a huge relief as was getting obsessed and demotivated .. not gonna weigh now until i've finished 30 day shred, on day 4 ...hopefully will see a big suprise by then
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    I also have the exact spot in the bathroom and I dont weight anywhere else.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Our scales used to live in the little hall outside our downstairs loo.... but there's buliding work going on in our house at the minute and all the tiles have been lifted down there, so they've been moved upstairs to the main bathroom!

Each morning I get out of bed at 7.30, pee, I go downstairs, put water in the kettle, flick the switch and then go weigh!
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    My scale is the WII which is in my kids room...they love it when I come in on Saturday morning at 7am to weigh myself....
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    I do the same thing. Mine are in the bathroom where I weigh every morning on the EXACT same line on the linoleum! haha

I do the same thing also
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Mine were in my bathroom but it was far too tempting so now they live under a chest of drawers in the bedroom and come out every Wednesday only :-)
  • exxxtasi
    exxxtasi Posts: 39
    Bottom of my bathroom linen closet. It gets pulled out every thursday and sunday without fail!
  • Mine has to live at my mother's house! That is probably bad, but if I have it at my house, I can't go anywhere near the room it's in without using it! I get very discouraged when it registers even half a pound extra throughout the day, which leads to being more excessive and doing unhealthy things like not eating and exercising every spare moment I get....... So I keep it at my mother's house, and go over there every week or 2 and check it......
This discussion has been closed.