Burning feet

Fancy_Nancy2
Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
So Every once in awhile when I am working out the balls of my feet will start to burn. It actual gets so bad that I need to stop my exercise and it burns for a while afterward. I am not sure why this happen one day and not the next day. Well most of the time it's months that's it's okay and then all off a sudden it's back. Dose anyone have this happen to them? And if so what do you do about it? 

Replies

• sarahanne40
    sarahanne40 Posts: 69 Member
    I get terrible burning feet (on the balls of my feet) sometimes when I'm dancing - but I do wear 2.5 inch heels for dance, so thats probably why I get it - I found it was worse before (and this sounds gross) I build up a reasonable amount of thick skin on the ball of my feet (below my big toe). If I have a couple of weeks off dance they ache like a bugger when I have a lesson / freestyle dance - maybe its the way your working out - carrying all your weight on the balls of your feet - or maybe softened skin from long showers / baths - or just a longer than normal break between workouts?
  • lacharp
    lacharp Posts: 66
    YES! I had it happen frequently when I first started exercising, then it went away. This past weekend I had a long run and when I got done I actually had to immediately take my shoes off because my feet were burning so bad! I put some lotion w/aloe on my feet and that seemed to help.

I think for me it has something to do with the socks I wear. If i wear a thicker, "sweat" sock, the kind that has sort of terry cloth on the inside, I think that either makes my feet to hot, or the texture is rough and irritates my feet when it's rubbing against them. If I wear thinner cotton socks I don't notice the burning as much.
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    What kind of socks do you wear? Sounds like friction to me. Try a softer/thinner sock, or turn the ones you are wearing inside out so that the rough side is on the outside and smooth side is on the inside. Old trick my HighSchool gym teacher used to do. Also cuts down on foot sweat :)
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    My feet get like that when I use the Gazelle (glider machine). I have even tried wearing 2 pairs of socks. I have heard to wear synthetic material socks that wick moisture away. I just haven't gotten around to buying some.
  • Try getting some inserts for your shoes. Dr. Shoals usually has the gel inserts that add alot of confort to your feet.
This discussion has been closed.