Okay please don't yell at me..

Options
I know the big thing on here is to eat back exercise calories and it has worked wonderfully for most of you. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and not seen as good results? I am really still trying to talk myself into doing this, but I only have 6 lbs left to lose..I have not been eating back many of my exercise calories and decided that I might start to see if it would make a difference. I have read in some articles that the closer you are to your goal the more you have to "shock" those last pounds off. Has anyone with less than 10 lbs to lose ate back their exercise calories consistently and seen a consistent lost? I'm sorry if this is annoying to some of you because this topic is always talked about on here, but I am just really apprehensive..thanks for listening!

Replies

• food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    I know the big thing on here is to eat back exercise calories and it has worked wonderfully for most of you. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and not seen as good results? I am really still trying to talk myself into doing this, but I only have 6 lbs left to lose..I have not been eating back many of my exercise calories and decided that I might start to see if it would make a difference. I have read in some articles that the closer you are to your goal the more you have to "shock" those last pounds off. Has anyone with less than 10 lbs to lose ate back their exercise calories consistently and seen a consistent lost? I'm sorry if this is annoying to some of you because this topic is always talked about on here, but I am just really apprehensive..thanks for listening!
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    good luck!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I am at almost the same point as you. Here is what I have done to help shock the pounds and it seems to be working:

No, I don't always eat all my exercise calories either --- too much food for me to eat.

I have switched to 2 days exercise, 1 day off to help those two days become more intense I rest more.
    So, I run about 3 miles or so doing intervals then I switch to the cardio room to do circuit training for about 40 minutes (I do mostly functional training not; upper one day lower body the other) training all the muscle groups. I try to make sure I rest little between different exercises to keep the ticker up.

Anyway, I try to indulge in what I like and vary my calorie intakes to keep the body guessing.

Hope this helps. It seems to be working since I was stuck for a long time and now I am seeing about a pound a week loss.
  • 3dana
    3dana Posts: 2
    Options
    I am an acupuncturist who specializes in weight loss. I feel the last few pounds come off easier if you keep the stress hormones down, alot of exercise can actually keep those up. Getting very close to "nothing extra" as far as fat stores also causes the release of stress hormones. That is the main reason those last few pounds are so hard. I recommend really mixing up the the work outs, taking several days off, training hard for a couple days and then taking more days off. It also helps to mix up your daily caloric intake also by a couple hundred calories. Breathing meditation (pranayama) has been clinically proven to lower stress hormones also. Check with a reputable yoga teacher or meditation center for instruction.
  • TNTPete
    Options
    Okay, okay I saw all the posts and I ate my exercise calories (all but a few). I feel sooo full. But, I am trying to do this right. I have read it before but I try to only eat when I feel hungry so it's tough some times. But, I did it today!! Yeah!!

Good Luck Anh at eating yours!!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Okay, I won't yell at you... in fact, I think you are so cute that I just want to pick you up and put you in my pocket!!! :smooched:

I definitely agree that it's strange to think about eating your exercise cals, but it seems to work for some folks so I say... give it a try! Try it for like a week and if you have negative results then go back to what definitely works.

You are so adorable already! :flowerforyou:

:heart: Kris
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have 5 more lbs to go.....I have decided to eat only the exercise calories that I burn over 250. So if I burn 250 for the day, I don't eat them...if I burn 400, I'll eat an extra 150. I don't know if it's going to work, but I seem to have to do something else and am giving it a try.
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I found it strange when I put on my workout today that it pushed up my calories allowed to 400 extra! I think I will just stick to the calories that it suggested at the beginning. Why put in the same calories that you just worked so hard to burn off?
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    i have 6 lbs to go! and they are really really difficult. anyone hu has advice as o how to lose them plz plz plz plz share it!!!!
    I don't and have never have eaten my exercise calories simply becuz i can't!
    But i have heard many times tht the key is to keep ur body guessing and varying your calorie intke daily..
    please share advice i want to know the golden secret to losing those last few pounds!!! Its seems as hopeless as trying to find a needle in a haystack
  • TNTPete
    Options
    I think my body does better with a little more fuel but not all of the extra calories -- it is hard to eat the calories you worked so hard to burn but here is what I found at the gym yesterday that helped me:

You only need 500 calories deficit a day for the week :happy:
    Burning say, 800 calories and eating 500 less would equate to 1300 calories deficit right? So, in all 8000 calories (for me) a week -- well I'm not seeing a loss of 2 lbs I only see about 1/2 to 1 lbs. So --something isn't working and my BIGGEST fear - slowing my metabolism as I like to eat, I like to workout and am just trying to lose when I gained during my pregger stage. Therefore: I am going to try eating varing amts, little on days with little exercise and more on exercise days to see how my body responds. I wil post neg/positive for ya after a week or so.

Anyone else willing to be guinea pig?