SHAKEOLOGY. Question on preparing.

Options
I use shakeology and love it. I use ice, water, sometimes almond or coconut milk, and sometimes a fruit or PB.
I hear/read about people who say they mix theirs up and it makes a huge McDonalds cup (32oz) and some say a little more. I however usually only get a glass and a half sometimes 2 glasses. Those are normal house hold glasses. So thats what 12oz per glass? It does not seem to hit the 32 oz mark.
My question is how much ice do you put in per one scoop? I usually use 6-8cubes, 4oz milk (if I use milk), 4oz water, and 1 scoop Shakeology. Plus fruit or extract or whatever additive if I choose that day. (If is use fruit its usually strawberries and usually 5-10 depending on size).
Thanks in adnvace for any input/insite.

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It really just depends on how much liquid/ ice that you use. I use unsweetened almond breeze milk and today I used blueberries, strawberries, flax and chia seeds. I usually use at least 5-6 ice cubes, it does make it *thicker*. Also try adding it to plain yogurt w/ some frozen berries. Yum!
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just use water...so it's as much as I want it to be without being watery. When I blend mine, I usually get 20 oz +/. Really just depends on how much liquid and fruit , etc that you use.
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    I've never heard of anyone makes a 32oz. shake...that would be way too much for me. I put 8-10 cubes, cover that with water, and then .5-1 cup of unsweetned vanilla almond milk. Then one scoop of shakeology and whatever flavor I feel like adding that day. Today I added two tablespoons of yellow cake mix and put a few sprinkles on top after blending. I just text a bunch of people a picture of it because it was that good!!!!! I have made so many awesome concoctions. I call myself the iron chef of shakeology. :)
  • ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I make mine using two good handfuls of ice...8 oz almond milk, 1 tbsp pb..its 335 calories but it tastes likea frosty from wendy's! mmmm I'm thinking about taking it to 1/2 water to eliminate some of those cals, but I usually fill up a 20 oz cup b/c of all my ice.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter how many physical ounces it comes out to?.....all that matters is how many calories and other nutrients you are taking in, right? As long as you are happy with the consistency of the shake, you are good to go.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    It depends on the "recipe" you are making. I make a Banana Split every weekday morning and I usually get close to 32 ounces.

3 ice cubes
    1 cup water
    2 pineapple rings
    4-5 large strawberries
    1 banana
    1 scoop chocolate shakeology

However, when I make the mocha chiller (8-16 ounces coffee, 3 ice cubes and 1 scoop chocolate shakeology) I get close to 20 ounces.

So, it really does make a difference on the ingredients you put in to the blender.