St. Patrick's Day Recipes?

cateomalley
cateomalley Posts: 6
edited September 24 in Recipes
We're celebrating St. Patrick's Day during our Sunday dinner... anyone have any awesome "clean eating" recipes to share? Clena eating might be a tall order for Irish food, but I figured it was worth a shot. ;)

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Home-made Irish stew could be very healthy. Make it with lean lamb or mutton, onion, potato, leeks, carrots and pearl barley, seasoned with pepper and thickened with a little flour.

Boiled bacon with cabbage is very traditional for St Paddy's day.

Alternatively, Guinness is very "clean" and almost a health food in its own right! :wink:
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Home-made Irish stew could be very healthy. Make it with lean lamb or mutton, onion, potato, leeks, carrots and pearl barley, seasoned with pepper and thickened with a little flour.

Boiled bacon with cabbage is very traditional for St Paddy's day.

Alternatively, Guinness is very "clean" and almost a health food in its own right! :wink:

St Paddy's Day is the day after finals for me and I plan to spend the whole day with a Guinness in my hand listening to awesome live Irish bands! Screw the calorie counting for one day, I'm celebrating!
  • mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Corned eye of round (easy to make and not as fatty as regular corned beef brisket), steam cabbage in a little chicken stock, and have some mashed potatoes (make with skim milk or chicken broth).
This discussion has been closed.