New Mommy from Southern Illinois

brandicockrum
brandicockrum Posts: 121 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a new mommy to my little angel Macy, 5weeks this past Sunday. I was overweight before I got pregnant, and gained the recommeded 35lbs during pregnancy. I want to get to a healthy and comfortable weight for my height and body type...I hope to get motivated to do so!

Replies

• brandicockrum
    I'm a new mommy to my little angel Macy, 5weeks this past Sunday. I was overweight before I got pregnant, and gained the recommeded 35lbs during pregnancy. I want to get to a healthy and comfortable weight for my height and body type...I hope to get motivated to do so!
  • edurand
    edurand Posts: 5
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby:smile: You and your doctor will decide when to get motivated to lose the weight. Wow five weeks. In the mean time, enjoy the baby, being a mom and try not to be a huge hurry to lose pounds. It took nine months to put the on the weight. Go easy on yourself and I hope your are getting some sleep:wink:
  • brandicockrum
    Thanks for the congrats! My doc gave me the go-ahead at 4 weeks to start moderate exercise, and as long as I eat, I'm allowed to diet. I really appreciate your concern! I dont' understand the people that want to be their pre-pregnancy weight by their 6 week checkup. I have too much to do to give that much effort into weight loss! Bottle washing, laundry, dishes, diapers, diapers, laundry, bottle washing...I could go on, but you get the point! I appreciate the reply!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Congratulations and welcome to MFP.:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.