Do you work out 7 days a week or skip a day?

Options
Just wondering what everyones routines are. Do you work out faithfully every single day or skip a day? If you do skip is it always the same day or do you change it up?

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba twice a week and going to swim twice a week. I also walk the dogs 5 times a week for an hour, so I dont really have a day off but on days I just walk the dogsd (which varies) I dont do as much.

What exercises do you do?
  • paigebeverly
    paigebeverly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 days a week...on weekends I relax...but I do go to work and walk a ton there.
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I workout Monday through Friday (really hard) and on Saturday, I have a light workout. Sundays are my rest days.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i only skip a day if i feel like total cr@p!! (very rarely) :) i was even out powerwalking in the snow and ice on xmas morning :)
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i work out in the gym 5 days a week and rest on the weekends but my rest still includes long walks and cleaning the house top to bottom which is a workout in itself...
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    6 days a week on P90x
  • minmatt
    minmatt Posts: 62
    Options
    I workout everyday. I don't personally believe in "taking a day off" But if a certain part of my body feels it needs to rest, I'll work other parts. I.E. if I run the day before and my legs are sore, I'll do yoga and give them a rest the next day. But its just what your body needs... listen to it :)
  • jaysvw
    jaysvw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Working out 7 days a week isn't a very good idea. Your body needs rest as much or more than it needs exercise.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I try to do *something* every day - even if it's just a walk.

Here is a good week for me:

M: 30 mins strength training, short walk
    T: Elliptical, stationary bike
    W: Walk (I go for time, not distance, so it's usually around 3 miles)
    Th: 30 mins strength training, short walk
    F: Elliptical with intervals
    Sat: Long walk or hike (4-5 miles)
    Sun: short walk
  • Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's important for you to have at least one day a week of rest, because it allows your muscles to recover and become stronger. Ideally you might want to work out 5 or 6 days a week, if it's intense.

Best of luck with everything!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    since 1/21 i've only not worked out 1 day and only did about 10 minutes on 1 day. until i lose at least half of my goal i guess i'll workout pretty much every day.
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    I walk 5 miles a day due to school runs and workout 4 out of 7 days.
  • kh0215
    kh0215 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Monday- I teach baton, I log this as 60 minutes of low impact aerobics Tues- 3 miles on the treadmill and bodypump class Wed- yoga 60 minute class thurs- baton again fri- off for now sat and sun it varies, generally we hit the y, and then we play outside/inside I also started the 30 day shred last night. so I will be adding that on top of the others.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Everyone should have a day where they allow their body to recover if they are doing at least moderate cardio and/or weight training on the other days.
  • Capucine72
    Options
    I walk every lunch hour at work...45 minutes 5 times a day and I put a goal of working out a **minimum** of 3 days a week. If a week ends up being to busy I do only 3 days but if life permits I'll do more.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Typically 6 days a week. I always shoot for 7 but some days I'll be so sore I know that my body needs to rest. I don't ever just not exercise to be lazy, but it is logical that taking a day here or there to rest and recoup is a good idea/
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I work out hard Monday thru Saturday. Even though Sunday supose to be my day off the kids usually get me to play Dance Central or Just Dance so I end up burning calories anyways.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I usually will skip a day... unless I am feeling really up to it then 7 days... last week was 7 days, this week will only be 5 cuz I was sick 2 days
  • chasing_130
    chasing_130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I work out Mon-Fri with a treadmill and/or elliptical. I usually take off on the weekends or just do something light if I'm feeling lazy.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what everyones routines are. Do you work out faithfully every single day or skip a day? If you do skip is it always the same day or do you change it up?

Your body needs 48 hours between strength training for the muscles to recover. Any less and you risk overworking the muscle fibers, any more and you risk losing muscle mass-muscle mass peaks 48 hours after strength training and starts to decline 72 hours after strength training.