Bubble Tea - help!

Options
Two questions about bubble tea:
1) What on earth is the calorie count? There are a few different bubble tea entries here, and once I ignore all the ones that remove the milk or pearls, I'm still left with a bunch that have calorie count varying from 270 to 400 and some. Anyone have any idea how to figure this out?
2) Silly question, but other than the milk, are there any other dairy ingredients in bubble tea? My boyfriend (who is allergic) is pretty sure that tapioca is a milk product. I'm not sure, and nothing I've found online gives me a satisfactory answer. I ask because my boyfriend tried a strawberry bubble tea last night, and we said he had a dairy allergy, so they said they'd remove the milk. But he had a few sips, and said he didn't feel so hot, so he quit drinking it. I'm wondering if they forgot to remove the milk, or if there is something else in there that they don't realize is a dairy product, or if the tapioca pearls would have done it. (He only ate one pearl though...)

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Tapioca pearls are actually a grain or seed or something like that. So there's one thing eliminated!