I'm new here...

Options
I'm new to this site, and I'm just looking for some tips on starting exercise. I have a 5week old baby, so I can't go out running or anything, I need stuff I can do at home. I'm at a loss...

Replies

• brandicockrum
    brandicockrum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site, and I'm just looking for some tips on starting exercise. I have a 5week old baby, so I can't go out running or anything, I need stuff I can do at home. I'm at a loss...
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I am going to be the mother's voice of reason for you ---

You just had a baby give yourself some time to heal!! :flowerforyou:

You can start with really, really, really light exercises like walking but really wait until your 6 wk check up to get the OK from the doc. Then you start up with some more but google post-pregnancy exercises and take some time to lose that weight. If you're breast-feeding you can burn mucho calories so.. take that into consideration too!!

Good Luck!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    congrats on your sweet baby! and welcome!!!

I second the give your body time to heal! but then start slow w/ walking, when the baby can get outside pushing a carriage around the neighborhood is a great mood lifter and form of exercise for a new mom!!!

you can watch your calories for now, but if you are breast feeding allow more calories, which I can't remember how many but 300 cals a day comes to mind....still you're doctor would be able to tell you what you'll need to be healthy for you and the baby...

Well very happy you're here!!

hugs and take care hon!
    Ali
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and your baby!!! YEY!!! And welcome!