Pizza, what did it do to you??

Options
ratkaj
ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
After reading about the USDA guidelines released yesterday, I was surprised to see my friend the pizza pie in the crosshairs. What did pizza ever do to you? Has anyone ever heard of moderation and self discipline?

Read the full article here:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/did-you-notice-the-usda-declared-war-on-pizza-2457957/;_ylt=A2KIR8jxAnlNilAAXQZabqU5

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Poor, misunderstood pizza.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I give them a "raspberry". :tongue:

I will never give up my pizza. I'm not going to eat the entire pizza (and I could down an entire medium thin crust easy). Moderation and self discipline are the way to go.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    lol why just pizza??? Why not everything fast food?
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Pizza is a diet nightmare. Probably why it tastes so good.

2 slices max :) thats a tonne of calories and I'm still hungry afterwards... probably not worth the effort!
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options

My point exactly... what about the baconators out there... what about "healthy" foods that aren't really healthy but are being marketed that way. At least pizza doesn't pretend. :ohwell:
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oh, pizza, my old friend.I miss you.
    I do have self discipline but if there is pizza in my fridge, I'll eat it in my sleep!!
  • mikeyrp
    Options

My point exactly... what about the baconators out there... what about "healthy" foods that aren't really healthy but are being marketed that way. At least pizza doesn't pretend. :ohwell:

Its true - every salad served in a restaurant without a choice to have a low fat dressing is - IMHO - straight from hell.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmm Pizza Hut !!

Could they have invented a way to make pizza taste better while at the same time, making it disgustingly fattening? Short of deep frying the whole darn thing? I dunno but I love it.

I don't think even Chuck Norris has defense for Pizza Hut
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Poor, misunderstood pizza.

Exactly. Misunderstood. Pizza is uaually a better choice than a cheeseburger (from fast food places, not homemade) as long as you have no more than two slices.

When my fiance is craving pizza, I have one slice with a salad on the side. But, for me, I use balsamic vinegar and citrus juice as a dressing so it's under 50 calories for the dressing. And I don't eat it more than once a week because it's still not the healthiest choice.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well guys... all I can say is we at MFP have the ability to eat WHATEVER WE WANT as longas we log it... and I cannot deny pizza when it is put in front of me, but I'm OK with that!! I haven't done all this hard work and retrained my mind and body to NOT have a treat every once in a while!

But I will say the 2 pieces I eat with a dinner salad is still waaaay less calories than ANY FAST FOOD MEAL! And to be even more real with all of you, if "America" would get off our *kitten*, we wouldn't have the obesity pandemic and I'm willing to bet other area of our country in turmoil would probably settle down too, I mean look at the changes we've all made in our lives since being aware of what we're doing to our bodies everyday... I know other areas of my life have also become less stressfull, more enjoyable, etc...

Ok, I'm done on my soapbox :):)
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    After finding out that the pizza I like is 400 calories a slice :noway: I gave it up. It is good, but not THAT good.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I don't think even Chuck Norris has defense for Pizza Hut

Best thing said all day. :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    After finding out that the pizza I like is 400 calories a slice :noway: I gave it up. It is good, but not THAT good.

But it is *that* good!

Some people can't live without sweets (just check out the recipe board for proof!); I can't live without pizza!
  • mikeyrp
    Options

But it is *that* good!

Some people can't live without sweets (just check out the recipe board for proof!); I can't live without pizza!

Yup - I agree - its that good *Sigh* However

What I have now- one or two slices once a month
    vs what I used to have - a 'personal pizza' - I guess 3 or 4 slices? - once a week

THAT is a big difference.