hungy girl???

Options
Does anyone here use the hungy girl cook book? If so what do you like about it? I get bored eating the same old stuff all the time. Yesterday i checked out the hungry girl website and found they had alot of made over foods. Many things i love but wouldnt know how to make healthy. Is the cook book like that?? Thanks for your input.

Replies

• bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    Does anyone here use the hungy girl cook book? If so what do you like about it? I get bored eating the same old stuff all the time. Yesterday i checked out the hungry girl website and found they had alot of made over foods. Many things i love but wouldnt know how to make healthy. Is the cook book like that?? Thanks for your input.
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try eatbetteramerica.com I printed lots of menu's from that site. Now I just don't know what to cook first.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I don't own the HG Cookbook, but I have a VERY reliable source (HI, JOJO!!) that swears by it.

:bigsmile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I own it. I adore it.
    :wink:

There are a TON of great recipies, and it works out especially well because the girl I'm seeing is vegetarian, and almost a lot of the recipies are veggie friendly.
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    I don't own the book but the website has saved my diet on many a night! The trade offs are good, and the author of both is very honest about whether the trade off is worth it or not. Almost everything I've tried so far has been very yummy and tasted only marginally different from the real thing.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I don't own the HG Cookbook, but I have a VERY reliable source (HI, JOJO!!) that swears by it.

:bigsmile:
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: Hungrygirl (cookbook & website). There are many recipes posted on here already.
    A few people have said that she uses a lot of 'name brand' ingredients but you can always subsitute those for a lower cost one like I do. You may have to recalculate the nutrition facts but it's not hard at all.

Just go here:http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp to use the recipe calculator.
    (HI PANDA BEAR!!!)

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    You may have to recalculate the nutrition facts but it's not hard at all.

Just go here:http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp to use the recipe calculator.

THANK YOU!!!!! I HAVE BEEN NEEDING A SITE LIKE THIS ONE!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You may have to recalculate the nutrition facts but it's not hard at all.

THANK YOU!!!!! I HAVE BEEN NEEDING A SITE LIKE THIS ONE!!!! :flowerforyou:
    You are very welcome:happy:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Check out the "So, Yeah..." thread on Food and Nutrition. There are some definite HG lovers on this site. I have never used it but have thought about getting it. :bigsmile: