Calories v Kilojoules

Options
I'm looking for help!!!! I started MFP in the UK and lost 17kgs :happy: but now I'm back in Australia I've left my trusty treadmill behind and am finding a lot of the food labelling is in kilojoules. :grumble: I'm having problems trying to work out my calories and can't find the motivation to keep up my exercise. eg I ate what I would normally do in the UK which would have just tipped my 1320 cal allowance but when I converted it from kjs (using online converter) I was 450cals under my limit :noway: I'd love to hear from other Aussies who may be tackling the kj v cal problem or other MFP's with suggestions on making it work without leaving MFP.

Replies

• Shelladam
    Shelladam Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm looking for help!!!! I started MFP in the UK and lost 17kgs :happy: but now I'm back in Australia I've left my trusty treadmill behind and am finding a lot of the food labelling is in kilojoules. :grumble: I'm having problems trying to work out my calories and can't find the motivation to keep up my exercise. eg I ate what I would normally do in the UK which would have just tipped my 1320 cal allowance but when I converted it from kjs (using online converter) I was 450cals under my limit :noway: I'd love to hear from other Aussies who may be tackling the kj v cal problem or other MFP's with suggestions on making it work without leaving MFP.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Calories sound like they'd taste better. YUM!

I never said, WELCOME to you...So WELCOME GIRLIE!

:flowerforyou:
  • paris88
    paris88 Posts: 27
    Options
    http://www.health24.com/dietnfood/tools/converter.asp this converts cal to kj and back hope it helps