wanting to lose the last few pounds

Options
Hey Everyone,

So im about three weeks out from my wedding and honeymoon, and I wanting to drop a few lbs by then. I have lost about 10lbs since the middle of January and I understand that dropping 5lbs in less than 3 weeks probably wont happen. But I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what I could do to cut a little more body fat by then.

I will be working from home and have plenty of time to take short breaks, I have plenty of workout equipment at my home (resistance bands, pull up bar, adjustible dumbbells), and access to a full gym just down the street.

right now im working out three days a week with fairly heavy weights, alternating sets, and short rest periods. I was wondering if i should do a short body weight workout in the morning (10 to 15 minutes) and then do my weight workout at the gym on the three nights of the week? What do yall think?

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Do you do cardio? I would add cardio to your workouts
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I do not usually do straight cardio like running or cycling. thats why i use the alternating exercise sets and the short rest periods, to keep my heart rate up. I use a heart rate monitor to track my calorie burn and ill hit around 500 calories in a 40-45 minute workout.
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    maybe this is a little soon, and a little rude, but thank you for all of the insight. in 45 minutes over 20 people read this and one person actually responded.
    i truely thank you hamiltonba.
    i was under the impression that this site was to help everyone, and all i asked for was yalls thoughts. thanks for turning me off to this whole community idea.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally, they probably didn't know what to tell you.....
  • nikkijedlo
    nikkijedlo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck on my last 10lbs for a few months now. Maybe you could try switching up eating and/or your workouts? I'm usually just a cardio girl and would love to start some strength training, but at a loss as to where to start. I'm sure if I did, I'd see a turn in the scales. So maybe if you jumped on the treadmill or ran outside, that would give you a jump? I also notice that if I add more protein and take out some carbs (oh, I love my carbs!), the scale moves in my favor, too. Maybe that's something you could look at.

Just my two cents for what works for me! :)

Best of luck to you!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hummm that is hard. Do you think you could try HIIT on the treadmill. It might move things in the right direction. Perso, I have 10 pounds to go (6 of those pounds are vanity pounds) and I plan for it to take at least 6 months!!!!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Some people read but are not sure what advice to give so they dont say anything;)
    Like me... no idea...
  • meal858692
    Options
    Yup - I agree with the other poster that you need to add cardio. You are doing weights three times per week with short rest periods. That's awesome, because not only are you getting weight training in, it makes your work out somewhat cardio. A real fat burner. I would still add two, one hour, cardio sessions on your non weight training days. Also cut back on the simple sugars and eat more lean protein. You should eat one gram of protein for every pound of body weight.

Good Luck and Congrats on your upcoming marriage.!
  • DancingVe
    DancingVe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with my last 7 lbs, so you are not alone :). We'll make it, though!
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    My advice since you seem to have the workout thing down is to clean up the diet. Cut out processed foods, complex carbs and sugars. Add in lean proteins and veggies. Good luck.