Back Problems

Options
Saluna
Saluna Posts: 56 Member
Hi,
Does anybody know some exercise I can do with back problems? My doc said I need to strenghten my back muscles to elimate my back problem. I suffer from chronc Sciatica
Thank a lot
Saluna:smile:

Replies

• Saluna
    Saluna Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Does anybody know some exercise I can do with back problems? My doc said I need to strenghten my back muscles to elimate my back problem. I suffer from chronc Sciatica
    Thank a lot
    Saluna:smile:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Im surprised your doctor didn't offer you any exercises.
    My dad recently was diagnosed with the same thing and they gave him a chart of 6 or 7 exercises and stretches that would help him.
    If you go to a gym, maybe ask a trainer.
    Otherwise google is a helpful tool.
    Sorry, but I don't know any myself off the top of my head.
  • runningdevil
    runningdevil Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have 2 suggestions, I own both and they helped me tremendously:
    1) Pilates Back Workout -dvd. Lots of stretching for the lower back, not really a workout.
    2) The Backsmart Fitness Plan (book) by Dr. Adam Weiss (a chiropractor). This is simply the best book of exercises and stretches for the entire back, as written by someone who should know! The photos are extremely helpful and you will notice a difference immediately. There is even one specifically to help sciatica! You can get it for very cheap on amazon.com, that's where I got mine.
    Good luck!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Here are a bunch:
    http://www.nismat.org/orthocor/programs/lowback/backex.html#Ex12

You should also stretch your hips and hamstrings, both of which support your lower back.