Can't lose weight

Options
I have started this program a week ago, and have not lost anything. I record everything, 1200 calories, I am diabetic, watching my carbs... does it take awhile to get started. I ride my bike 30 minutes a day, can not walk, bad knees...
HELP
:):glasses:

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I can't see what your eating as your diary is private. But how is your sodium? and how is your water intake?
  • Tcasillas
    Tcasillas Posts: 30
    Options
    I would say give it some times. I believe that it is harder for diabetics to lose weight. some times you loose inches before you loose actual weight to. GOOD LUCK and dont give up :)
  • ash1352
    ash1352 Posts: 9
    Options
    What type of calories are you eating? Something doesn't seem right. You might be taking in too few calories, and your body could be kicking into a defense mood. Also, how high is your heart rate while you are on the bike? You need to make sure whatever physical activity you are doing is worth your wild. I studied Exercise Science in college and wouldn't mind helping you out at all through this process.

Keep in mind, it has only been a week. Don't get too worried about it. Change takes time and patience is key in a lifestyle change.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Start by opening your diary so we can see.

The problem may be that you arent eating enough. Are you eating to 1200 and stopping no matter what else you burn off in the day? Or are you eating 1200, burning off 400 and then eating those calories? A common misconception on MFP is that less calories=faster weightloss, but this is a very simplified perspective of calorie deficit. The short hand is that on your home page, in your daily summary there should be an equation that looks like this:

GOAL FOOD - EXERCISE= NET

Your goal everyday is to get your NET calories to match your GOAL calories. 100 cals under is just as bas as 100 cals over.

Here's a link to more info http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

Good luck!
  • mrsdoody
    mrsdoody Posts: 10
    Options
    Hang in there and DON'T GIVE UP!

Slowly but surley, I think 1 week is too soon to pass judgement on your weight loss, commit for AT LEAST a month, then see your results, if you stick to it, up your output of calories, you will be plesantly suprised!!

HANG IN THERE!!

XXXX
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Patience is a virtue when it comes to weight loss and good health, and every physical body responds differently. It sounds like weight loss is important to you for various reasons - great! However, maybe for now just stick with the idea of eating better and working out daily and allow your body to adjust and reveal its new numbers in its own time. You have the right attitude and you're off to a great start. Intend to commit and results will eventually happen. All the best :wink:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I won't speak to the food & exercise but I will say it sometimes takes awhile to see weight drop. I've been on here for three months and while my ticker says I've lost 13 pounds, I've gone for weeks without it moving. This morning I weighed in at a whopping .2 pounds down. Yes, that says POINT 2! However I also put on a pair of jeans one size smaller than I've worn for over a year and a half! Let others help you with tweaking your food but also be patient because it's a slow process sometimes.

And hang in there!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It will happen, just keeping pushing on....
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Diaries are tools for you to use and if you are asking others for help they need to be able to see what you have been doing. It is impossible to give someone directions in the dark!!!!! It is impossible to give advise if we don't know what the problem(s) are. If you are asking for help, please open your diary so we can be as helpful as possible.
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    OK, I opened my diary.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks pretty solid to me. I would just stick with it- make sure you are getting all your water. It may just be taking a little while for your body to adjust and finish processing any of the unhealthy foods you may have eaten last week.

You may consider tracking sodium- it does hold many people back. But I would say you look like you are doing really well.
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello! After viewing your diary, I can see you have been going over on your calories on several days. Also, some of your food choices are high in carbs and fat, putting you over your daily allowance for them. Your breakfast is very high in carbs and not much protein. Carbs will turn into fat if not burned off. Pay close attention the how much fat is in the things you are choosing to eat. I hope this helps! Don't get discouraged. If you are new to this calorie counting thing and not used to looking at nutritional values, it can be frustrating to say the least. Choose low fat, high protein, high fiber, lower carb foods and try as best as you can to stay within your caloric goal. Drink lots of water, at least 8 glasses, this can be very hard if you don't like water, it is very hard for me but I force it! Try adding strength training exercises to your workouts as muscle burns more fat! Good luck and KEEP GOING!! :happy:
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    OK, I will keep at it, I am not going to let this get to me, I need to lose 30 lbs, and it's hard, diabetic slows it down, but I will keep at it.
    Any other thoghts, please post if you will.
    Nat:happy: