For Women: PMS Cravings...

Options
2»

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    This is probably not the best advice, but it works for me. Keep in mind I am not trying to lose a ton of weight, and I maintain a fairly healthy diet. However, this morning I treated myself to a white mocha because of PMS cravings. What I do is allow myself 1 treat for the entire 3-5 days of my period. I pick something that I usually never have (ie white mocha) and try to savor it. If your go-to is chips, limit yourself to a bowl. Or buy a small bag.

Hope that helps! Like I said, probably not the best advice, but I'm not on the extreme diet page; I believe in eating what you want as long as it's within reason (ie some chips or popcorn when hanging out with friends on Saturday night is fine if you stick to a handful, not 5 bags, and not every night).

mmmmmhh I LOVE the white mocha latte at starbucks, that is my fav, i get it with soy no whip, its a dessert in a cup
  • KTNemo
    KTNemo Posts: 100
    Options
    Also the 100 calorie mister salty milk chocolate pretzels do wonders for the cravings as well.
    Hang in there you are doing so well!

Oh, those sound great, N! Thanks for the tip!
  • KTNemo
    KTNemo Posts: 100
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips, ladies. Keep em' coming! :drinker:
  • achojnacki
    achojnacki Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Faves
    -pirates booty-cheddar 130 calories for a giant bowl
    -trufull bars in chocolate caramel-high protein low sugar, but qwells chocolate cravings.
    -home made hot chocolate
    -popcorn
    -coffee with chocolate soymilk

Sometimes its better to go for small servings of full cal full fat to keep yourself from binging.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    wen it is my TOM i crave chocolate. so when the cravings are really bad i go to aetv.com and watch episodes of heavy or go to nbc.com and watch biggest loser. but when i just cant handle it, i give in and eat some chocolate chips. i get ghirardelli, and can have 16 choc chips for 70 cals. its not great but better than a huge king size candy bar. hope that helps.

For some reason, these shows make me want to eat when I watch them!
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    At least you can use PMS cravings as an excuse! I got nothing!

Hey, at least you don't have to deal with PMS! Be VERY thankful.

Oh how I'd love to be a man....
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I used to be a potato chip fiend...! And I have never liked fruit... So I found a happy solution for both... Brothers All Natural freeze dried fruit... They are crunchy, so they satisfy my chip craving. AND I get my servings of fruit... The only place I have found them so far is at Wal-Mart (I'm sure they have them at health food store too) in the CANDY isle. How cool is that? Makes me feel naughty!... I like the apple and the pineapple the best...

I used to order these from their website, Brothersallnatural.com.

Tons of variety and very good!
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    For my fellow chocoholics out there, try Brookside Dark Chocolate Covered Pomegranates. They are about the size of the tip of your thumb, and each one is 9 calories. If I just want a small taste of chocolate in the evening after dinner, I get 1-2 of these. I get them at Wal-Mart near the candies.
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I always crave sweets. I have fat free sugar free chocolate pudding topped with frozen fat free whipped cream..tricks my body into thinking I had a splurge :p
  • ronjaa
    ronjaa Posts: 65
    Options
    I drink chocolate cappucino.. It relaxes my stomach a bit and fools it when I crave for chocolate:)
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    This is probably not the best advice, but it works for me. Keep in mind I am not trying to lose a ton of weight, and I maintain a fairly healthy diet. However, this morning I treated myself to a white mocha because of PMS cravings. What I do is allow myself 1 treat for the entire 3-5 days of my period. I pick something that I usually never have (ie white mocha) and try to savor it. If your go-to is chips, limit yourself to a bowl. Or buy a small bag.

Hope that helps! Like I said, probably not the best advice, but I'm not on the extreme diet page; I believe in eating what you want as long as it's within reason (ie some chips or popcorn when hanging out with friends on Saturday night is fine if you stick to a handful, not 5 bags, and not every night).

Totally agree with this comment......everything in moderation.....otherwise if you deny yourself you will binge. i only eat chips now for example if my kids are around me so i only have a few and they down the rest.
  • soriakyte
    soriakyte Posts: 17
    Options
    I eat 1 Tbsp of peanut butter with a few chocolate chips (if I can not tolerate a chocolate substitute) but usually I can get by with 1/2 cup of unsweetened Greek yogurt mixed with 1 tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, 1-2 tsp almond extract, 2 packets of Splenda and 1/2 - 1cup of strawberries. I have found that having protein with my chocolate goes a long way to stop my cravings. If I keep craving I go do some intense exercise to keep my mind off things.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I usually get cravings 2 days before. I try to manage them.
    But today I almost binged on my major binge food - dads spaghetti. Oh how good they smelled. And I was hungry.
    I managed to avoid it by spicing up my normal food with some onions...
    Maybe take something healthy but try to make it more interesting...so that you dont eat junk food:)
  • dh_dom
    dh_dom Posts: 8
    Options
    Apparently pineapple releases the same endomorphins as chocolate does.

xoxox
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options