major support needed

Options
i have been on here before and did really well, thought i could do it alone and lost all motivation so needless to say i am back!! i really wanna do well this time and have my heart set on a half marathon in september when i am hoping to be near my target weight!!

Replies

• Hinto
    Hinto Posts: 52
    Options
    Well, welcome back, I'm pretty new here myself, but I find it does make a different having some friends for support. When I used it in the past I was just using the calorie counter.

Good luck!
  • mblanch
    mblanch Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Same with me - I was on here before and failed without support. See you're from the UK too :) Will send you a friend request.
    Good luck x
  • ShaunaLynne800
    Options
    I just started too, and this is the first time that I think I can actually keep weight off because I've never understood weight before. It always helps to have someone supporting you! Good luck! You'll do great if you're wanting to do a 1/2 marathon!
  • redwings6
    Options
    Welcome back - I am pretty new here myself - but find myself enjoying logging my exercise and watching the calories as I eat through the day - before I joined this - I had lost 40 lbs and then took a couple of months off and so now I am starting over to lose the other 60 that I want to lose........

What a great goal to do a marathon....... - don't worry - you'll do great and have a great motivation to look forward too!!!!!!
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Same with me - I was on here before and failed without support.

Likewise. Friends do make all the difference. Good Luck :)
  • carolinenp
    carolinenp Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    welcome. i'm pretty new here too! it's the first time in my life where i'm serious about losing weight and getting healthy. it's super motivational to read all the stories because i can relate to them. all my friends and family are skinny so it's just me!

be my friend and encourage me! :)
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for the 1st time since Feb. 2011. I love it!!! You guys can add me as a friend and I'll help as much as I can...I get help from my current friends and from reading the posts...helps a lot!!! Welcome back for those who are having a 2nd time around experience....you can do it....we'll go thru the ups and downs together...that's what helps me to stick with it!!!:drinker: :cry: :smokin: :love: :ohwell:
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I think the support is really important as well as the lessons that can be learned. I still have a long way to go, but I do intend to stick around after I reach my goal weight. If you'd like another friend, I'm happy to accept. Remember, this is a journey, and the best way to succeed is to make changes to your lifestyle - changes that you can live with, not sudden things just to get the weight off. Good Luck!
  • AngieRevised
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • Georgie_P
    Georgie_P Posts: 62
    Options
    Welcome Back!

this place is AWESOME in the way of motivation.

I'm going to run the San Diego Rock n roll Marathon in June ... already in training .. so lets get through this together!
  • matron4591
    Options
    Welcome back, I'm sure with the support of the peeps on this site you can and will reach your goal. Good luck with the half marathon, I have done a few in the past and the Great North Run twice thats just like one big street party :bigsmile: feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. Jen.