Starbucks is my nemesis

Options
dujennifer
dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
I love Chai tea, but even non-fat is 200 calories a pop (they don't have low cal options for this particular drink). I don't drink coffee or I would switch. Do you all have any suggestions on how to avoid the evil green glow? I would avoid driving by one, but the stupid things are on every block. I hate drinking my calories for the day, what a waste!

Replies

• dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love Chai tea, but even non-fat is 200 calories a pop (they don't have low cal options for this particular drink). I don't drink coffee or I would switch. Do you all have any suggestions on how to avoid the evil green glow? I would avoid driving by one, but the stupid things are on every block. I hate drinking my calories for the day, what a waste!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    You can buy regular chai tea and put a little skim milk in it. I don't know what starbucks offers as chai though.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Yes they do! I order a chai made with the chai tea bags (you have to tell them this) and then get them to add skim foamed milk to it! Perfect with cinnamon on the top and I much prefer it to the liquid. And it is so much better for you than that stuff.

Enjoy!
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    I know, I almost cried when I learned that my frapp packed about 750 cals! I guess buy tea bags? :ohwell:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    I would avoid driving by one, but the stupid things are on every block.

I know what you mean... Starbucks is two blocks from my house. And I LOVE it! I only go once a week for a treat... Iced Grande Latte (130 calories... I don't like them with skim or soy milk)... I walk there, but I do a big loop around the neighborhood on my way... about 1.3 miles... to make up for it!
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, if you want lo cal frap, they only make it with caffeine, you can't get decaf, i'm caffeine sensitive. But I did hear they are closing 600 stores nationwide, maybe they will close the one's nearby....:happy:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    if you go on their website, you can play with the different drink options and find drinks more to your taste that are lower in calories. I personally love a light Mint Mocha Chip Frappuccino, a tall is like 150 calories, which if you think about it is the same as 3 oreo cookies. so.
    :smile:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I struggle with Starbucks too but my sin is their hot chocolate, even a grande skim without whip cream packs a whopping 240 cals and 48g carbs. Mmmmm Starbucks. I have cut back to maybe one a week or one every two weeks and to prevent lapses I carry a ziplock with lemon tea bags in my purse so I can nip in any gas station and grab a cup of hot water for my tea - it's no where near the same but it helps because it's somewhat sweet and very low cal.