If everyone lost weight at the same time

Options
CharlieJuliette
CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
So, theoretically, if everyone in the world all lost weight all at the same time what would happen? The weight doesn't just disappear. Presumably it gets converted into energy - kinetic? heat? So would the temperature of the planet increase?

Do you reckon we've got sufficient mass on MFP to do a convincing experiment? :smile:

Replies

• jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    :laugh: Exactly the kind of thing I ponder sometimes. We probably should clear that with Al Gore first, global warming you know.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I never thought of this before! Kind of mind-boggling, dontcha think?:huh:
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    What am interesting question .......mmmmm :wink:

I may pose this to my class of 11 year old's tomorrow - thanks
  • CharlieJuliette
    Options
    What am interesting question .......mmmmm :wink:

I may pose this to my class of 11 year old's tomorrow - thanks

Let us know what they say!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Hmm..I love this. I know that it would be quite an interesting answer, that would also include things like toxins being released from our bodies and being released into the environment no doubt. I think it would cause a lot of strange world wide weather changes! HAHA..we would sweat so much and that sweat would evaporate adding more water molecules to the air..hmm..what else.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Great Question :)
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    New creatures called "calorisaurs" would start roaming the planet :laugh:
  • CharlieJuliette
    Options
    Hmm..I love this. I know that it would be quite an interesting answer, that would also include things like toxins being released from our bodies and being released into the environment no doubt. I think it would cause a lot of strange world wide weather changes! HAHA..we would sweat so much and that sweat would evaporate adding more water molecules to the air..hmm..what else.

Crikey, I hadn't even considered the toxins - good point!
  • CharlieJuliette
    Options
    New creatures called "calorisaurs" would start roaming the planet :laugh:

Wasn't there a Doctor Who story like that? Little White creatures started wandering around which were made out of fat!