Question for those with 100+ to lose

Options
Hey Everyone!

I was wondering how long it took you to move from one size of clothes to the next. Also, how often you moved down after the inital move, I know that it's different for everyone, but I am curious, because even though I've lost 37 lbs now, I am still fitting into the same clothes, they're loser but same size. I could possibly move down one size but the clothes would be tight.

Any/all answers appreciated.

:)

Replies

• call_me_gg
    Options
    I dropped one size after the first 5lbs. But I haven't lost any weight since then, so no new sizes for me.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hey girl -- I have the same problem. I have lost 26 pounds and I am in the same pants ... now I have a theory on this though.
    When you have heavier you tend not to like your pants tight. I am wearing different than usual pants today in a size smaller because I am out of pants... I think they are too tight but I have gotten TONS of compliments today ... hmmm
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It's all dependent on your height, build, etc. I went from a 24/26 to 22 size at 30 lbs. At first, the 22s were constraining, but now they're getting a little roomy. I figure about 10-15 lbs more and I'll be able to breath when I zip up my 20 jeans. But I'm kind of tall.
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have lost 100 pounds and would get so frustrated with people that would move down a size after 10 lbs. That never ever ever happened for me. Mine was closer to 40 pounds for each size. I didn't believe that other people truly moved down with such a small number but apparently it happens because lots of people say it happens. I have lost 16 pounds since January and have not gone down a size. It must just be different for each person.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 30 pounds (with about 80 more to go) so about where you are. For me, I carried most of my weight in my stomach (the worst place for women health wise). I have already gone down about 2 sizes depending on the store / brand of clothes, etc. But, for everyone it IS different. I know people that go down after 10 - 15 pounds and one of my friends lost 40 before comfortably going down a size. I think it depends on if you are also exercising and toning the muscle that is UNDER that fat. Yep, used the "F" word. I love it and am taking the word back so to speak. I refuse to be just the number on my scale so I also do strength training at the local gym and I've started to see it working big time. I even have a little muscle definition in my arms.

I wish there was a simple answer but the truth is we are all different but if you do strength training along with cardio you should notice that even if the weight isn't changing as fast, you will be toning and losing inches!
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The last time I lost weight it seemed impossible for me to get in any less than a size 14 jeans. I think I was in them from 220 lbs through my lowest weight of 170 lbs. My sister on the other hand can drop a jean size with every 5-7 lb loss so I guess it just depends on your body.
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 lb down and in clothes that didn't fit before. For some things that's from 32 to 28 uk size. It does depend on bodyshape though as it's mostly trousers that I couldn't sit down in and tops that were too tight round the middle and made me look like an overstuffed sausage. I had to get rid of two pairs of work trousers as they were literally falling down but they were already roomy to start with
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 and am still wearing the same size but looser consider it good if you have a big goal like 100lbs you don't want to have to keep buying new stuff
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've lost 97 lbs and I've went from a size 16 or 18 pants down to 9 or 10.
  • oscelyn
    oscelyn Posts: 54
    Options
    It usually takes me about a 25 lb loss before I drop down to a smaller size. Now that I'm doing a lot of cardio and strength training, I'm not so sure because I'm building muscle.
  • niknik43
    niknik43 Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm with you...it took FOREVER to get out of my 20s! I'm down almost 30 pounds and finally had to buy size 18 pants the other day. I was amazed when they fit! They're a little snug, but they feel better than the baggy 20s.
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds and am still wearing the same pants. They are little more comfy, but there's no way I could go down a pants size yet. I figure by the way my pants are fitting I'll have to lose at least another 15 lbs or more before I can even think about going down a size. Kinda frustrating when others can go down sizes with lots fewer pounds lost. Guess we just have to hang in there.
  • psychohope
    Options
    I honestly think it depends on your body shape, my mother can go town a clothes size every 10pounds or so for me its closer to 18-19pounds, im taller than her and have big hips and shoulders under the layers of flab, where as my mum is very petite overall
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    When I did weight watcher's they said 10lbs is a dress size, but I find that changes now that I am over 40. My clothes feel looser and I can get into a smaller size when shopping, but I don't really see the difference in existing clothing. The only time I notice a change is if I *really* work out problem areas.
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have lost 67 pounds and went from a size 26/28 to a 20/22 (current). I didn't try new clothes until I'd lost 50 and at that time I was in a tight 24. It depends on the clothes too. I carry all my weight out in front and when I stepped up the exercise the size dropped faster. I didn't go and buy clothes until my underwear litterally fell off LOL
  • omgitsgarry
    omgitsgarry Posts: 138
    Options
    I still haven't moved into my size 20 jeans yet, but I think that's because I tend to like my jeans a little baggy. I think five more pounds and i'll feel more comfortable in them. It depends on how comfortable you feel and the make of the clothes.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    oops double post
  • zulunery
    zulunery Posts: 22
    Options
    I really do think it depends on your body shape. I have a pretty small chest and waist but HUGE butt and thighs. I can tell I've lost weight when my pants aren't so tight around my thighs. But, it's difficult for me because I have to buy a size that will fit my butt and thighs and it will be too huge for my waist so I have to get them taken in at the waist. It's frustrating because if I don't take them in at the waist then I'm walking around with a huge gap at my back. But, hang in there, you'll save money by not having to buy clothes everytime the number on the scale goes down
  • giventofly__
    giventofly__ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 pounds down and I am down about three top sizes, but NO pants sizes! I am porportional, no particularly heavy areas, so I don't know why none of that has come off the bottom half of me yet.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    It definitely varies. I started in a size 22 at 246 pounds. Now at 187 I'm in an 18 and thinking of moving to a 16 within the next 10 pounds. I have a large frame (yes, by wrist measurements on the charts) with broad shoulders and I carry much of my weight in my stomach area. It took me about the first 35 to 40 pounds to go down a size comfortably, but seems to be going a bit quicker now. Back in college I got down to 150 for a while and was wearing a 14 or the occasional 12 then. So I don't expect to go down many more sizes even when I'm at my goal.