I wonder....

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I have noticed alot of single/rant/rave threads going on recently and it leads me to wonder if there really is a "happy ever after". I know nothing but being cheated on and lied to. I have never had a man treat me like a woman. I have never been "in love". I am beginning to think its non existant:huh:

Replies

• cheryldeloach
    Options
    Any relationship takes enormous amounts of work from both people! No relationship is perfect, but with mutual affection, respect and TRUST you can have a very happy life with someone.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Good men are REALLY hard to find............But I truly think there is someone out there for each and every person.. stay positive!!!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    The key is to never accept less than what you deserve.

A really good book to read is "Who Moved My Cheese" by Dr. Spenser Johnson.

I know it's a really funny title, but it really changed my life.

Good luck to you!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I have noticed alot of single/rant/rave threads going on recently and it leads me to wonder if there really is a "happy ever after". I know nothing but being cheated on and lied to. I have never had a man treat me like a woman. I have never been "in love". I am beginning to think its non existant:huh:

It does exist. We just have to keep our hearts open.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    It exists. :heart:

And, I agree that you should read "Who moved my cheese?" Changed my life, too.
  • tjsechrist
    Options
    :devil:
    Good men are REALLY hard to find............But I truly think there is someone out there for each and every person.. stay positive!!!

Good women are often hard to find too! Some of them are just as corupt as the men! :brokenheart:
  • tjsechrist
    Options
    I think the problem is, people go into a relationship expecting to not have to do anything to maintain what they have. We get lazy, forget that our partner has needs and just go about our business until its often too late.

Hubby and I have been married 7 years. We've lost 3 children over those three years, fought through some serious depression on my side yet here he still is. Standing beside me. I am very happy to have him by my side and Im glad we made it through our rough times!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options

It does exist. We just have to keep our hearts open.
    That idea is becoming very hard to stomach but I have a couple possible interested parties...well see
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I don`t know Joani,have been more or less invisible for some reason to ladies most of my life...is it physical,a personality trait,timing etc,just no idea.

I think that a lot has to do with not being an exact fit at the right moment,there was a post above saying there are not a lot of good men but there are.
    The trouble is in the dating scene a "good" man often isn`t fun or exciting.

Guys do the same as well and say why can`t I find a nice lady but then look for one to get intimate with as quickly as possible.

Sort of rambling on I guess but maybe can spur some more discussion.
  • tjsechrist
    Options
    It exists. :heart:

And, I agree that you should read "Who moved my cheese?" Changed my life, too.

I'll have to check that one out! I read "His Needs Her Needs Building an Affair Proof Marriage". Changed my marriage and me forever!!!!!!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    It totally exists. I went through hell before meeting my husband, but I knew from our first date that we would be together forever. He treats me as a Goddess & I treat him as my Hero. It really isn't that much work. It's not perfect, but it is fulfilling and we make each other better, complete people. He knows ALL of my secrets and I know all of his fears, we hold nothing against each other. We are passionate and practical. Not a day goes by that we don't tell each other how grateful we are to have the other. We are both strong separately, but together we are INVINCIBLE.

It's out there, but the way you are treated is up to you. Most women do not understand this.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    They do exist and they are out there I promise I found mine.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    It exists, it takes trust and openness.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Not true there are great men out there!My husband is a wonderfull man