My arms make my whole body look FAT!

Options
Hi I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone has some good exercises for arms? I find that my arms are what make a persons body either look fatter or thinner then they really are. I see some people that are over weight but their arms aren't to big so they look ok. Then people like me that are not to over weight but look big because their arms are big! Does anybody agree with me?:frown:

Replies

• sbl_toro
    sbl_toro Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone has some good exercises for arms? I find that my arms are what make a persons body either look fatter or thinner then they really are. I see some people that are over weight but their arms aren't to big so they look ok. Then people like me that are not to over weight but look big because their arms are big! Does anybody agree with me?:frown:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

Cardio plus workouts for biceps and triceps to tone. Do you have access to nautilus equipment or free weights?
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    The one part of my body that I absolutely HATE even after losing so much weight.. is my arms. :(

I have always had thick arms... even during my not healthy/skinny days......... They've gotten smaller but they are still big and i HATE that!!!!!!!!!!

* sigh *
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Hi ! I have not been doing as much cardio as I should so I can't comment on that part BUT I have been doing strength training a couple days a week for the last month and have lost a 1/2 inch from my upper arms. Hope this helps!
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    there isnt really a way to lose weight in certain areas.
    Keep up cardio and you can build muscle to give your arms tone.
    The best exercises are the most basic.
    Push ups, curls, pull downs, butter flys, bench presses
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Often the tricep toning helps the arms alot - help avoid "swings"
  • sbl_toro
    sbl_toro Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everybody for your quick responses. They were really helpful:happy: I will keep doing cardio and strength training and hopefully they will get thinner:blushing:
  • c-grandma
    c-grandma Posts: 73
    Options
    I use resistance bands four days a week. Along with running, walking and aerobics. Chris.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Off topic kinda..

But ive got FAT WINGS TOO!! *sings batman theme* na na na na, na na na na, na na na na FAT WINGS!! haha
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    lying dumbbell triceps extensions

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Triceps/DBLyingTriExt.html

triceps kickbacks

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Triceps/DBKickback.html

Anything that works your triceps will tighten and firm up the muscle there, and the way to lose the "flapper" is to lower your body fat. I have the same problem, and after working out with weights and lowering my body fat, I have a small knot of muscle back there. That makes me very happy!
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    I've always carried a lot of weight in my arms...even as a preteen. It's one thing that I hate about my body. I'm hoping that keeping up with the cardio will help that. I've added my arm to the measurements section and have already noticed a difference! Whoo hooo! Sooo Keep on truckin! LOL