what to drink or eat at a party??

Options
I was invited to a birthday party by two girls from class... There will be lots of alcohol and yumi food lol.. So I was wondering what alcohol doesn't have much calories.. What do you guys drink when you're at a party???

Replies

• Bickley
    Bickley Posts: 6
    Options
    Depends on your poison!!!

You can search all popular booze in the food section for calories.

Jack on the rocks = 65 calories
  • khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Options
    svedka vodka 65 empty calories per shot ;)
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    VODKA TONIC with lime lol...so yum and lower in cals. thats of course if you like vodka. I used to drink vodka pineapple/redbull/or cranberry all the time, but switched back to tonic..just a good!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You are 18 and you are asking people to give you advice on what alcohol to drink? What doesn't sound right about this? If I gave you that advice ummm.....I think they call that "contributing to the delinquency of a minor".
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    If you drink beer, hook yourself up with an Michelob Ultra...not the best, but does the job.
    and it comes in a bottle so you know exactly what you are drinking.

As far as food: I suggest you bring a platter of things YOU can eat.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    vodka soda - 60 calories - you can add a "splash of cran" if you don't like the bare taste

jack or rum and diet coke is pretty low calorie too ...not a fan of jack though so i would do the rum
  • ronjaa
    ronjaa Posts: 65
    Options
    You are 18 and you are asking people to give you advice on what alcohol to drink? What doesn't sound right about this? If I gave you that advice ummm.....I think they call that "contributing to the delinquency of a minor".

I'm not a minor. In my country, when you're 18, you're considered as an adult. We do not have the same laws all over the world you know.

thank you all for suggestions!! you really helped:) vodka it is:)
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Maybe she is from Europe...in my country its legal to drink from 18 years old:)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options

I'm not a minor. In my country, when you're 18, you're considered as an adult. We do not have the same laws all over the world you know.

thank you all for suggestions!! you really helped:) vodka it is:)

Ok, my apologies. Here in the United States the legal drinking age is 21. I guess I just assumed it was 21 everywhere. I didn't even stop to think about the legal age in other countries. I'm sorry.
  • ronjaa
    ronjaa Posts: 65
    Options
    Maybe she is from Europe...in my country its legal to drink from 18 years old:)

Yes, I'm from Europe.. Croatia:))
  • kdewald
    kdewald Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Check out the skinny girl drinks
    http://www.skinnygirlcocktails.com/home.php

Also, I always heard vodka water/tonic was the best way to go.

If I want to have something to drink I will try to be conscious of whatever else I eat so I can enjoy a few at night.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    It's the mixers you want to watch. Use diet drinks. And remember to drink water.

Have fun!
  • sacchariine
    Options
    Oh I always wonder this! Thanks for posting this! I actually kinda gave up drinking altogether. Not until too long ago did I even know alcohol contained calories! My mind would trick me into thinking a clear drink like rum or vodka had zero calories like water. Obviously not the case! Sometimes it's nice to be the sober one amidst drunk people. They're fun to watch ;)
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Tonic is a POOR choice. As much carbohydrate and calories as a Coke!

EX- gin and tonic guy!
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Tonic is a POOR choice. As much carbohydrate and calories as a Coke!

EX- gin and tonic guy!

Yikes! I never knew tonic was that bad? Any suggestions for a vodka-tonic drinker?
  • mkeller234
    mkeller234 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If you drink beer, hook yourself up with an Michelob Ultra...not the best, but does the job.
    and it comes in a bottle so you know exactly what you are drinking.

As far as food: I suggest you bring a platter of things YOU can eat.

Oh man, I can't take that stuff! I don't drink very often so when I do I won't fret about calories. I'll have a Bell's two hearted ale, that's the good stuff.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    VODKA TONIC with lime lol...so yum and lower in cals. thats of course if you like vodka. I used to drink vodka pineapple/redbull/or cranberry all the time, but switched back to tonic..just a good!

tonic is just as bad for you as lemonade! :( which makes me sad because I LOVE G&Ts.

I have switched to vodka and soda water with a bit of lime. Yummo especially if you use a flavoured vodka :D
  • erothrn
    erothrn Posts: 14
    Options
    Effen vodka (cucumber) and soda water. Very refreshing, add a fresh cucumber slice for a nice touch. Grey goose orange and soda water is another choice.
  • erothrn
    erothrn Posts: 14
    Options
    Effen cucumber or Grey Goose Orange and soda water!!!! Delish!!!!
  • jess_steich7
    Options
    You could drink Miller Genuine Draft 64-it only has 64 calories in it or Bud Select 55-which only has 55 calories. That is if you like beer, plus vodka will get you drunk pretty fast especially since you are eating less. But if that's what you're looking for then go for it :)