weight loss stopped!

Options
Hi, I've been using the site for about 5 months and lost 28lbs. Until three weeks ago since when I've stayed the same weight. I'm not cheating and I'm taking a good amount of exercise. It's a bit discouraging. Any advice on how to get off this weight loss plateau?

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    If your following the same exercise routine, consider switching it up... a lot of times our bodies will get used to what we have in store for it, and therfore it doesn't burn as much fat.

Also go back over your food diary and see if there is any little changes that you might not notice at first glance.
  • smile4wendy
    Options
    I had the same problem. Did some internet research and started "eating clean". No pre-packaged foods. Made my own bread and muffins...and actually went back to using small amounts of real butter instead of the "fake" stuff.

I've lost another 3 lbs in the past week or so. I am now only 2 lbs from my goal weight of 125.

Keep up the good work! And good luck!

Have an AWESOME day. :happy:
    Wendy
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It's probably hard for someone here to help without more info, like the Calories you eat, your Activity level, and Exercise, and specifics about the Cals the site says you need.

I have read a lot of posts like this one, and more often than not, the answer is that you need to eat more because if your exercise and such puts your net caloric intake into the "Starvation Mode" area, your body will hoard fat. There are many Threads in the forum about that.
  • flowerpower263
    flowerpower263 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    the way i was able to lose my weight was simply staying within my calories (or just under) lots of water and watch your fat and sugar. protein is a fat burner so eat foods with plenty of protein (in moderation of course).such as chicken, egg whites and lots of veggies. exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 times a week.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When I hit my plateau I ate a couple hundred calories more than I had been eating and took a couple days off from exercising to "shock" my body and also added some strength training. It worked and I actually have been losing weight every week now. Good luck and congrats on your 28lb weight loss!!!!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Weight loss has more to do with nutrition than anything! We can't just stay under our calorie goals, we need to eat the right kinds of foods to nourish and fuel our bodies. I'm not saying you aren't, but if we could see your diary we would be able to give you better advice :tongue:
  • kulaprabha
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for your replies and suggestions. BrandNewMia mentioned seeing my diary - what do I need to do to let you see it?

I started a new, and tougher, gym programme just a couple of weeks before the weight loss stopped. And that has meant that I've been under my 1300 daily goal regularly. So sounds like a good idea to watch that and eat more to prompt my metabolism.

Don't k.ow about the rest of you but I find it easy to keep under fat target but am often above the sugar target. I don't add sugar myself. But I'm amazed which foods have sugar added - some wholemeal bread even. On the whole I'm not using pre-packaged food except for the occasional Linda McCartney veggie sausage!

A few friends have suggested taking a break from the diet and exercise so will try that.

Thanks for your support!

2104819.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools