35lbs loss in 20 weeks for my wedding - is this possible?

Options
2»

Replies

• kdeshazo
    kdeshazo Posts: 3
    Options
    I started Jenny Craig in late July 2010 and as of today I have lost 75 pounds :) But really it's all about what you are eating-- too little puts your body in starvation mode. Good Luck and congrats
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Yes, Congratulations on your wedding. But yes you can do this. I would also suggest that you read labels and cut out any sugar and limit your starches.

This site is the best for finding people who can help you. Good luck to you
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    Doable. Just make sure you are doing cardio for at least 5 days a week. Weights/kettlebell will build up your figure but it will also slow the scale down a little as you switch fat for muscle. I'm a carb/chocolate addicted vegetarian but when I eat right I find that I can fit alot of food into 1700 calories a day (I get 500 calories from running). Don't go hungry and don't fall below 1200. Congratulations on the big day!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can be done...but you have to be dedicated...I lost 35lbs in 5 months and this was with the odd cheat here and there.

Make sure you eat well...it has been mentioned before...but don't try to cut corners....cutting your calories too low will only result in a stall in your weight loss.

I wish you the best of luck! You're certainly in the right place to get it sorted! :flowerforyou:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    u can do it
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    I lost 70 in 7 months, 10 per month, 1200 NET calories p/day, I workout 6 days p/week for 1 hour each mostly cardio. I started with 261 p, I´m currently 190. Eat healthy (3 meals, 3 snacks), veggies, fruits (no more than 3 -4 piece p/day), white meat, nuts, seeds, grains, bran cereals ( or oats) whole wheat everything (rice, pasta, bread, cookies...), olive or canola oil, low salt, etc. etc... Once a week I eat what I want... Don´t forget water, plenty fluids and try to avoid processed foods... Yes you can!...
  • Shellndub
    Shellndub Posts: 72
    Options
    Last year I lost 30 pounds in 2 1/2 mo. I did Medifast. Now I can't do it anymore unfortunately because I'm allergic I found out. It's totally possible though!!
  • Georgie_P
    Georgie_P Posts: 62
    Options
    Absolutely Possible!

I did 35 lbs in about 3 months and now have added excerise - wish I thought of THAT earlier

But remember your wedding is a day to enjoy not worry about what goes into yoru mouth ..
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 10, 18 pounds lost so far. This is me, without a rush goal, a few break days here and there where I might go up to my bmr but I really try not to go over that. I generally eat +/- 1200 cal/day and workout 3x week (sometimes 6 but I also ride my bike every day). i always eat my exercise calories back.
    if you tried harder than i did, which is very doable, its very possible.

it also matters how much you weigh now. I was at 175 - 26.1 bmi when i started. i think it comes off a lot faster when you're overweight to begin with, but if you're normal weight it will be slower. that said, I can't say that in another 10 weeks I will have lost 36 pounds. it might only be 30, who knows. I can't say how hard it will be as my bmi keeps on going down.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Very do able. Just make sure its your net calories that are at 1200 after all your exercise, dont just consume 1200 and then work out your body will start storing the food.
  • kandigloss
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your helpful advice, I'm really motivated now with all your positive responses!

Some of you advised to eat 1200 cals NET a day?! I would be afraid to do that in case I just stayed the same?? So if I eat 1200 cals and burn 500 cals I have to eat another 500 cals to keep losing properly is that right?

I am so going to do this!!! I will ramp up the exercise also, to 5-6 days a week :-) Should that be just cardio? I was planning on using my kettlebell 3 times a week and cardio 3 times so should I just do both together, 6 times a week?
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    I, personally don't eat back my exercise cals. It's a personal choice for yourself and whatever works best for you. I would mix up the exercise, don't just do cardio.