Gym self-consciousness?!

Options
2»

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I use to be very self-conscius,but know I go to work-out.I don`t care if anyone is looking or whatever.i`m there for me,no one else.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm really self conscious at the gym. Just last night, in fact, when I was on the elliptical, I was looking around at everyone wearing their ear buds while I have the regular earphones. I can't workout in ear buds because they always fall out or hurt my ears, but I feel like people are looking at me (or even worse, making fun of me). I think I've been thinking like that as a way to subconsciously sabotage myself. I've been continuing to workout but it does make me feel self conscious/uncomfortable while at the gym.

I'm right there with ya on this one... I am sure I've never seen anyone else wearing headphones at my gym. I am the only one. I have often thought that people probably think I'm weird for it, but I cannot wear earbuds either. They always fall out. I have tried so many different kinds. Cannot imagine how much money I have spent trying to find some that will work for me. So I guess I'll be sticking with my trusty headphones. :)