hubby is sabotaging my efforts

Options
2»

Replies

• kld1624
    kld1624 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm sure he's not trying to make you fail. I'm in a similar boat. My boyfriend didn't even realize that I was making all these big changes. Granted, I've only been taking this seriously for about a week, but he still didn't notice until I told him. Even though he's supporting me, I don't think he quite understands how seriously this is for me. He still thinks it's sweet to offer a handful of Girl Scout cookies or a drink at dunkin's before work every morning like we used to. I explain that I'm serious about losing the weight and if I'm going to do it, I can't keep drinking a 500 calorie dunk's hot chocolate. Especially when I can now get a muffin, yogurt, and unsweetened tea for only 300 calories. So I think part of him understands that I want to succeed, but he doesn't understand the changes I need to make to get there. However, I am really proud of him. He's been asking lots of questions about my Wii exercises and if I can start portioning his lunches for him. So I think he's also ready to start making some changes. But that's a whole different topic. Maybe you're in this same position with your hubby? He likely wants you to succeed, but doesn't quite understand that you can't eat the way he does if you're going to lose the weight.
  • Olona
    Olona Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm not sure, you have to remember that just becuase your on a diet or new lifestyle doesnt mean he has to be. Just don't touch the food if he's doin it to get you to fail then over time if you dont touch it he'll most likely stop. If he's doing it out of habit it'll continue.