JM 30-day Shred starting tomorrow 3/11...

Options

Replies

• Yemaya1129
    Options
    Either way. :)
  • catycee1
    catycee1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ...any takers? :) Feel free to add me as a friend. Let's all kick this program's butt together.
    I GOT IT! I DID IT! I VERY tired! Then I watched the other levels OMG! all that in 30 days! will I live??? I will say this after doing that DVD I REALLY watched what I ate for dinner.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I did two hours at the gym this morning. What do you think my chances are of actually doing this tonight and making it back to the gym tomorrow. I want a challenge, but I don't want to kill myself either. I have a 2 year old who will need to be lifted into the car at some point and I don't want to make it impossible to move, lol. I'm just starting out on the weight loss adventure, would doing both be overkill?
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I started it this morning, and all I can say is that there's definitely a lot of room for improvement in the next 30 days. Still, I think I did alright for a 57 year old crone. I did push ups... I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that.
  • catycee1
    catycee1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started it this morning, and all I can say is that there's definitely a lot of room for improvement in the next 30 days. Still, I think I did alright for a 57 year old crone. I did push ups... I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that.
    Geat Job ondoing the DVD! my arms are still feeling the burn
  • Yemaya1129
    Options
    Had my first day too! I wasn't quite as bad at it as I feared and I felt stronger toward the end, but there's definitely room for improvement. The push-ups and the bicycle move at the end were my weak spots. I was using 3 lbs weights and might need to go up to 5 pounders, but I'm going to give myself a week and see how I feel.
  • DanaMon
    DanaMon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually log it as circuit training.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am starting over again tonight. I am going to make it through 30 days this time!
  • llkilgore
    Options
    Level 1, day 2 is done. I wore a different pair of shoes this time, for which my feet and ankles are grateful. All of the jumping yesterday was painful.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    you will do awesome!!
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Im sooo ready to restart the 30 day shred I always get burnt out around day 10 and stop. with support of people doing it with me I know I can do this all 30 days. Im ready.
  • Yemaya1129
    Options
    Finished my 2nd day. Ouchie. BioFreeze is going to be my best friend this month.
  • kbloodworth
    kbloodworth Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Best Buy was out of copies. Can I do the Shred-it with weights, or is it totally different?
  • km323
    km323 Posts: 124
    Options
    Did my first day of it tonight! I tried it once before over the summer and made it through 10 days of level 1. I still struggled so much with the push ups!

There's also one point during the workout where Jillian says something along the lines of, "You're always told that you can't do it. People say to just take the stairs. That is a false sense of lethargy." And I'm always just like WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT? YOU'RE JUST SAYING WORDS.
  • llkilgore
    Options
    Day 3 done, and I had a more difficult time with it than yesterday. So sore.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    [/quote] "You're always told that you can't do it. People say to just take the stairs. That is a false sense of lethargy." And I'm always just like WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT? YOU'RE JUST SAYING WORDS.
    [/quote]

hahaha. I hate her mouth and the words that come out of it. So I turned the sounds off and played some music that pumps me up. It made it a lot better for me.
  • DanaMon
    DanaMon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do that too. I listen to a CD instead of her.
  • Yemaya1129
    Options
    I do that too. I listen to a CD instead of her.

Yeah. I got a new iPod Touch for XMas. I think I'm going to set up a Shred playlist tomorrow. I'll have to pop over to the playlist thread for inspiration. Just got home from b-day party and have to shred before I turn in. I'm under cals still (thank goodness) but I feel bloated and icky from ice cream cake. I have to say I don't think that Carvel's ice cream is worth the calories.
  • kbloodworth
    kbloodworth Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Did my first day of it tonight! I tried it once before over the summer and made it through 10 days of level 1. I still struggled so much with the push ups!

There's also one point during the workout where Jillian says something along the lines of, "You're always told that you can't do it. People say to just take the stairs. That is a false sense of lethargy." And I'm always just like WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT? YOU'RE JUST SAYING WORDS.

Yeah, I watched it for the first time today, and heard her say that too. I was confused. I think she meant to say "just take the elevator." Taking the stairs is hard.
  • Yemaya1129
    Options
    My knee is absolutely throbbing tonight. I know you're not supposed to take any breaks, but I think I'm going to have to just give myself some abs work and take the night off from Shred. I did a 5 hour retail job shift today, plus some other cardio, so at least I haven't been totally lazy. I just fear if I push, I'll be out more than one day.