Is this Facebook?

Options
124»

Replies

• iraidatheseeker
    Options
    I'm on this website everyday like its Facebook.. I love this site,anyone else agrees with me?

Agreed! :wink:
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've forgotten I even have a Facebook account...LOL I love this place and look forward to it all day!:bigsmile:
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    yea...i'm addicted!:bigsmile:
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I'd rather hear about your workout session than your farmville crops.

AMEN to that!!!
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I'd rather hear about your workout session than your farmville crops.

lol...I totally agree :bigsmile:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of anyone's identity being stolen as a result of being on MFP. The same cannot be said for Facebook. Also, if you have a question or problem that isn't answered through the forum posts, on MFP, you can send a personal message to the creator of the website and actually get an ANSWER, in a reasonable amount of time.

As far as Facebook is concerned, if you want to find out how much "customer service" FB does NOT have, just Google "facebook complaints" or something along that line, and read the multiple posts of people who have had their account compromised, or have been locked out for being an "imposter" or whatever the problem and see how impossible it is for them to get any assistance.

Earlier this week, someone that I know on another thread who has a business had someone start FB account with a name very similar to hers and send friend requests out to all her contacts, in hopes of conning them.

For all these reasons, and the fact that I already have enough things to waste my time, I have never joined FB and don't plan to. I found MFP in 2009, and as you can see by the number of posts, I have been here ever since. Yeah MFP!!!

Oh, I do leave occasionally to eat, sleep, feed doggies, work.... LOL
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    MF...P? Never heard of it :wink: :huh: :bigsmile:
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love this site. Fb's good but here people are dealing with the issues I am dealing with and we are all trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle with support. I love it on here. Love to see how everyone is doing and progressing. MFP!! Feel free to add me :)
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yep totally love this site, I feel so guilty when I don't come & log my food & excercise. I come here before facebook & I used to be on fb all the time. I can't believe the amazing support on here, I wish we lived closer so we could get together & do coffee. Love all my "friends". Have a wonderful day & can't wait to see others progress.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    haha I am on here just as much as I am on facebook if not more! Love this site!
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Facebook doesn't help me lose weight, this site does just saying....
  • rachel1975f
    rachel1975f Posts: 894
    Options
    I don't "Facebook", so I can't compare it.

But it seems to me that I know many people who waste so much time on facebook, and get nothing out of it. At least on MFP, we are helping ourselves, helping others, and getting something accomplished!!

Love this place!!
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    What's Facebook! LOL
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on FB since I started here. Way fewer *kitten* and a common interest.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Both are checked in on everyday by me! I love them both!