what day of the week do you weigh yourself?

Options
what day of the week do you weigh yourself?

I know it does not matter what day of the week you weigh yourself but you should weigh yourself same time and perferabley in the morning after going to the bathroom.

Replies

• findingabetterme
    Options
    Tuesdays...and yes at 7am each morning right after going to the bathroom...on the same scale in my birthday suit!
  • csanb
    csanb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays work best for me. It gives me time to recover from the weekend and yet it's still near the beginning of the week.
  • MelissaG36
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday mornings after my youngin goes to school & before breakfast. I started on a Monday, so I go by that :O)
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I prefer to weigh once/week (Tuesdays) but I've had such a struggle with the fluid retention lately, have been weighing every morning to keep close tabs on that problem.
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    I do mine on either Saturday or Sunday. Right after using the restroom first thing in the morning and also in my birthday suit :)
  • kendallan
    kendallan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself daily every morning after i wake up and use the restroom i weight myself before i drink or eat anything.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in at my gym because our home scale doesn't work and I don't feel like investing in another one. So, since I workout in the morning on Thursday, that's my day! Other days I usually go after work and I'm not about to weigh in then!!!!
  • goldysgal
    goldysgal Posts: 23
    Options
    Monday morning - first thing - it makes me think about it all weekend so I don't so crazy......
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I always officially weigh in on Sunday after the whole week is done and over with. But I have to admit that I periodically weigh in the mornings throughout the week just to make sure Im still on track.
  • kellytaylor13104
    kellytaylor13104 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing in every Friday. I've found that it does "buy" me time if I overindulged a bit over the weekend. However, it also gives me motivation to be "good" over the weekends, especially after losing a pound.
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    I weight myself Wed and Saturday. 1st thing in the morning right after using the bathroom.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Mine is Wednesday. It used to be at 10:45am while at work, fully clothed (no shoes), with a Wellness counselor. When I got removed from her rotation (apparently others wanted to see her too lol) I started weighing in at home Wednesday mornings around 6:45-7am butt naked after going to the bathroom (and exhaling). I actually purchased the exact scale I used with the counselor haha.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself ever morning before I do anything else. I need validation that I am doing everything right. I only recored my loss if it 1.5 lbs or more, unless it has been a full week.
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Friday morning right after I wake up and pee. I find that I cheat more on weekends and by Monday am retaining a little more water than usual so I weigh myself before the weekend so I am not shocked on Monday if the scale doesn't move as much as I want it to.
  • lawdhelpme2
    lawdhelpme2 Posts: 149
    Options
    For the people that weigh everyday? Do you lose ounces each day?
  • chrystal559
    chrystal559 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I do mine on Friday morning. Me and my mother-n-law and sister-n-laws.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm in the weigh yourself every day camp. As soon as I get up, before eating and after using the restroom.

I fully realize the potential drawbacks to this, and will admit it can be daunting if I see the numbers fluctuate. However, the pros outweigh the negatives. This helps me stay focused and prioritized. It also reminds me to keep up my water (my weight stays more consistent when I drink plenty of water) and keeps me on track.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I weigh in officially every Sat morning so I get a full week in between each weigh in.
  • sassy_2280
    Options
    I do my official weigh-in Friday morning right after I go to the restroom. I do however weigh myself every morning, just like the others I like to know if I'm still on track. :happy:
  • MLG010105
    MLG010105 Posts: 29
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday mornings. It keeps me in check over the weekends...big time.