Any vegan/organic AGAINST PROCESSED food dieters on here?

Options
2»

Replies

• kendallan
    kendallan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm neither vegan or vegetarian, i have switched to all organic though, and eliminated processed foods from my diet. My diary is open to friends, so feel free to add me! :)

even though your not vegan or what not it is nice to hear your organic and dont eat processed foods., so does this mean you eat organic meats? locally raised or supermarket meat? for your dairy and milk do you drink rice milk or cows milk
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    I'm neither vegan or vegetarian, i have switched to all organic though, and eliminated processed foods from my diet. My diary is open to friends, so feel free to add me! :)

even though your not vegan or what not it is nice to hear your organic and dont eat processed foods., so does this mean you eat organic meats? locally raised or supermarket meat? for your dairy and milk do you drink rice milk or cows milk

I eat organic meats, locally raised when i can get it. For chicken, i eat organic and for beef i eat organic, %100 grass fed beef. there's a HUGE difference and i love it!!! for dairy i don't drink much milk, i drink some organic kefir, some yogurt, and if i want something to sip i drink either organic almond milk or organic raw kombucha (love it!!). Whole foods is my favorite store!!! Sprouts is a close second. My grocery bill is high, but i look at it this way; i'd rather spend a little extra to eat well than spend it later on on doctors bills cause i'm sick!!!

Oh, and my favorite is organic green tea with organic raw honey! yum!!!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    we grow a lot of our food and then subscribe to a CSA from may to november, so our focus is more like in this order:

home grown
    locally grown
    fair trade
    organic
    conventional

visually it can be represented like concentric rings of accountability. we prefer it closer first, even if it's not certified organic (because that's a very costly endeavor for small farms who actually practice better than organic methods)

we get our dairy delivered. it is not organic but it comes from a collective of small farms within 20 miles of our house. also it is only single pasteurized so it doesn't have a very long shelf life, which means we don't buy as much each time, but we buy it more often.

for things that don't grow in the states and nowhere near the north, where i live, we choose fair trade first, organic second, but preferably both. ie coffee, bananas, chocolate, certain nuts, etc...

my boyfriend is a vegetarian of 25 years. i am not a vegetarian, but i eat meat only when it is offered to me or occasionally if we go out to eat, which is almost never.

i'm recalculating it right now (in a month long experiment) but at one time i calculated our weekly food bill to be less than $40/wk for the both of us. and we eat pretty much amazing food.