Anybody out there doing Curves?

Options
I have been a member of curves for almost three months now. Just curious if anyone is also doing curves and if they are having a good result. I have lost four inches but gained three pounds!?!? I go at least three times a week and at the most five. I know I am having a harder time because I only want to drop ten pounds and I have been told the closer you are to your ideal weight, the harder it is to drop it. I just get so down when I hear other ladies at curves dropping inches and inches and inches and even more pounds. uuuugggghhh I try to burn at least 500 calories a day...

Replies

• salterdsalter2
    Options
    I have been a member of curves for almost three months now. Just curious if anyone is also doing curves and if they are having a good result. I have lost four inches but gained three pounds!?!? I go at least three times a week and at the most five. I know I am having a harder time because I only want to drop ten pounds and I have been told the closer you are to your ideal weight, the harder it is to drop it. I just get so down when I hear other ladies at curves dropping inches and inches and inches and even more pounds. uuuugggghhh I try to burn at least 500 calories a day...
  • sam456456
    Options
    I myself haven't, one of my old friend's mom has done it for a while and lost a lot of weight--although I don't know how much. But she has had a lot of success with it.
  • melissaknorris
    Options
    I have had some relatives and friends both try Curves. My sister lost 15 pounds while my sister-in-law didn't lose any. If you aren't losing any weight on there circuit, you might want to try some other alternatives on your own. I do better w/ variety and find if I can go outside and alternate walking and jogging you'll burn more calories due to an uneven surface and you won't get bored!
  • myrandablack
    Options
    i don't know anybody doing that, but i do know that muscel weighs more than fat, and if you work out alot your going to be building muscel. try mixing it up with arobic, and only do strength training every other workout
  • tdroseler
    Options
    i started doing Curves about 4 weeks now. I think it is awesome. I go everyday, and i sweat.
    It is deffinatly a ratio kind of exercise. What you put into it, equals what you get out of it. I find i am able to comfortably do my circuit at about 75-80% heart rate, without too much difficulty. Although Mondays are the worst, lol. My only beef is that they are not open weekends, here in my town. So far i am loosing my weight, slowly, and healthily.
    I find when i return home, i want to make the better choices for eating, to go along with my workout. For me it is a win win situation.
    I think in the end, if you feel good about what you are doing, that is the most integral part of any lifestyle. Do you think Curves gives you that. Keep in mind, the loosing of those 4 inches, shows you have lost fat. Your muscles are less "marbled" you may have lost the "fat"weight you can, up till now. And, yes...gaining, may indicate the muscle has been built. Not really such a bad thing, cause it makes you leaner, and you burn more calories, even at rest. Keep at it, the lbs will come off, it may just take a little bit of time...maybe try adding an extra walk to your day, or somethign like that...rev your metabloism.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I joined Curves in the middle of August and didn't notice much weight coming off at the beginning. I'm kind of in the "slow and steady wins the race" sort of mind frame at the moment, though. While I didn't notice a lot of weight coming off at the beginning, I did lose a good amount of body fat. It's nice that they measure that for you, too. I go three times a week (sometimes I miss Fridays if I have plans or am heading out of town) but I also have incorporated walking on my treadmill at least 2 days a week for an hour at alternating inclines. I've been trying to eat healthy for quite a while but just joined this site and am hopeful that it will help me to keep within my calorie goals. I think that a combination of all three things will help me, eventually get to my goals. I'm keeping myself from weighing in until 12/15 but I'll let you know how successful I've been at that point. I can tell you that I'm down about 1.5 pants sizes since I've joined, but I've got a long way to go. Keep it up! You'll get there!
  • blondebee
    blondebee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i go and i love it! i've losy many inches though only 2 lb.s -( but hey! i've only been going for a few months, and i didn't really start taking it seriously until very recently b/c it's going to be my sisters' wedding:flowerforyou: and i want to look gorgeous in my gown) i love the crowd there too. they're eally friendly. i also love:heart: all the challenges they have - it really helps a lot.
    i suggest that more ppl should go.
    good luck!:laugh:
  • salterdsalter2
    Options
    Thanks for your input! I have added a 45 minute walk with my dogs. (I have three dogs and they get 15 minutes each) I am getting a good workout cause they like to pull me.... I am trying that at least three times a week and see how it goes. I just dread the holidays cause I love the sweet stuff. I actually will skip a meal to eat ice cream.... Time to grow up I guess!!! I am 37 now! It is just hard with three snacking kids who can eat just about anything and not gain a pound. Boy, I miss those days!
  • JennyCam
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that Curves is great and I have seen extreme success on a personal level...( worked there and was a member)...I myself back then lost 40 pounds and 36 inches...over a course of a year with only being 100% serious for approx: 5-6 months...

I moved away from the Curves that I loved and just was not comfortable going to new one( very BUSY place)...and I now know what I need to do and with all the knowledge I learned while at Curves will help me reach my goals..

And most importantly, if you gain weight the first month?..and have been eating properly?....you will gain muscle which is heavier than fat.....and that muscle will be your friend for better weight loss in near future.......

Jen
  • clwilliams222
    Options
    i went for the whole month of october, 3-4 times a week, and i've been dieting and drinking lots of water (and i hate water!) but anyway i was trying really hard to get those pounds off and i lost not one inch or pound that entire month come weigh-in time....so i'm trying other things on my own just working hard in a regular gym cause curves just wasn't working for me....sucks though, because i still have a member ship until march of 2008 :grumble: but i'm going to a regular gym now and have been noticing a change already in just these past couple of weeks
  • salterdsalter2
    Options
    Question for you since you worked at Curves.. If I did gained weight that was muscle in the first two months, does that mean eventually I will drop weight that will be fat? Or, will I keep gaining weight and it be muscle? I have lost four inches..
  • JennyCam
    Options
    If you have been excercising and watching what you eat, you should gain a few pounds of muscle and yes the Muscle will actually start helping you burn that fat..I would need to know abit more about you.....body type, weight etc......maybe we can talk more if you have MSN Messenger?

Jen
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying Curves, but for those of you who have joined and want to drop out, you should be able to do so with an inexpensive fee of about $50. That's what mine charges anyway. Check em out and find out. It sucks belonging to a gym that doesn't work for you.
  • salterdsalter2
    Options
    You can email me at salterdsalter2@aol.com. Thanks for your help!
  • pooh5983
    Options
    Hi my name is Kassie. I have been going to Curves for about 2 months now. I have lost about 13lbs and -4 in. I go about 3-4 times a week. I like to use the curvesmart it is a really work out.