Help!! I have a weak immune system, what can I do to build u

Options
So besides the old take your vitamins, What is a really good way to boost your immune system? It seems like no matter what I do My immune system hates me. I’m sick like every two weeks. I do have a 5 year old so that may explains why I get the preschool sicky stuff but for real. I’m sicky a lot. I’m OVER being sick or half way sick. I need help, Please! Any suggestions help thanks

Replies

• suzieatkinson
    Options
    this may sound weird but I have had the same problem for the last 8 months. I take 1000mg of Vitamin C every day and a multi-vitamin and I was still getting sick every month. I finally went to the doctor last week and she told me that I have developed allergies and to take a Claratin or a Zyrtec everyday and that I would feel better. I am glad that I was not actually getting sick but mad that I now have seasonal allergies. Maybe try it and see what happens?? Hope that helps.

oh and I heard that a red pepper has more vitamin C than an orange...try to add those into your diet.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Vitamin C really helps with immune systems

This might help you

http://www.immunesystemremedies.com/strengthen-your-immune-system.html
  • AMBrody
    AMBrody Posts: 25
    Options
    I would take zinc, but I would also make sure you are getting over what you have. Go to your doctor to get checked. It could also be allergies. I had a sinus infection and 2 weeks later I came down with a cold. I finally went to an allergist and found out I have a severe milk allergy, and now my sinus have never felt better.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Eat well. Get plenty of sleep. Exercise. Make sure you have a good balance of work & play in your life. Hang with your friends and try to keep your stress down. And the suggestion above that it could be allergies, that could be worth checking into. I'm sure others will have great tips, too. Hope you get healthier with the tips you get! :flowerforyou: