Hi!

Options
janetbr
janetbr Posts: 20 Member
I just found out about your site and anxious to get started. My son is on his 3rd Middle East Combat tour and of course that means mom is eating everything because of stress and worrying. My weight has continued to claim and I can't seem to get motivated. I lack energy and I'm not sleeping correctly as you can imagine. I crave sweets and can't seem to find time to exercise since I work full-time, attend college part-time, run a non-profit military moms support group and try to help my DIL as much as possible with their child. I know this seems like all excuses and I guess it is, but HELP what can I do. I feel awful and know I need to take better care of myself. I'm 5'2-1/2" and weight about 165.

Any suggestions on how to get myself motivated and on the right track is appreciated. Also, I don't know where or how to really start a diet. I want to be successful at this.

Thanks.

Replies

• janetbr
    Options
    I just found out about your site and anxious to get started. My son is on his 3rd Middle East Combat tour and of course that means mom is eating everything because of stress and worrying. My weight has continued to claim and I can't seem to get motivated. I lack energy and I'm not sleeping correctly as you can imagine. I crave sweets and can't seem to find time to exercise since I work full-time, attend college part-time, run a non-profit military moms support group and try to help my DIL as much as possible with their child. I know this seems like all excuses and I guess it is, but HELP what can I do. I feel awful and know I need to take better care of myself. I'm 5'2-1/2" and weight about 165.

Any suggestions on how to get myself motivated and on the right track is appreciated. Also, I don't know where or how to really start a diet. I want to be successful at this.

Thanks.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Hello,

Well, what worked for me, was to just start adding what I ate everyday to the food journal. I didn't try to change my normal diet all that much. But when you start looking at everything you eat, and just how many calories you are taking in, it wakes you up!

Once you see what and how you are eating, you can start adjusting to what works for you. Then start adding excercise when you can. I don't recommend that you over do it, because it took you more then a week to put on the weight and it's going to take some time to get it off!

So just do what you can, day by day, and in the meantime, take a good look around this website and either ask some questions or jump right in and answer some.

Good luck and welcome!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! You have found a great site to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Take it one step at a time, one day at a time. Small changes will make a huge difference and will make it easier to achieve your goals. Be consistent and stay positive. Do it for yourself. Set up small goals and deadlines to achieve each small goal. Exercise most days of the week if possible and change it to avoid getting bored. Drink lots of water. Try to eat whole grains, veggies and fruits instead of processed, salty, sugary foods. Check out the message boards daily to get great ideas. Ask all the questions you need to ask, somebody will help you out. Good luck to you!! You can do it!!! God bless your son! My daughter and Son in Law are also in the military. My SIL is serving in Iraq. They are expecting their first child sometime this week!! Take care!!!!
  • janetbr
    Options
    Thanks for your support and please tell your SIL and daughter thank you for their service. Congrats on the new grandbaby. I have one due in December. It's the greatest thing. Enjoy!