I can run...

Options
canaussie
canaussie Posts: 168 Member
In one month since I started seriously working out, I have gone from being able to run for 1 minute at a time to 5 minutes! Tonight, I ran a total of 30 minutes!!! YAY

Replies

• 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    In one month since I started seriously working out, I have gone from being able to run for 1 minute at a time to 5 minutes! Tonight, I ran a total of 30 minutes!!! YAY

Awesome... keep it up and you'll get even better times!!
    I am starting to discover the same thing. I could barely run a minute before having to stop since I was totally winded and a few weeks in and I'm slowing improving that. And I found out that I LOVE it!! Love the feeling after a few miles!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! I want to run too but afraid too.... I am hoping to get there!!! :smile:
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    I did the same thing about a year or so ago. I was told to slow down so I could get to a mile, and it worked. Even after knee surgery 4 months ago, I am now able to run 3 miles.
    If you need any running advice let me know. I have runner friends all around supporting me!
  • TracyR1968
    Options
    Thats excellent! Way to go!!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    That is fantastic!!! Keep it up. I have asthma and on a whim decided I was going to jog longer than the usually 5 minutes intervals I usually do and I went for a full 30 minutes! I couldn't believe it. And since discovering that I actually could go that long I have tried to do it at least 2-3 times a week in hopes that someday I will be able to run 5k's or longer. You should feel so proud!!!
  • Jesapa
    Jesapa Posts: 1
    Options
    That's awesome! That's a great way to work your way up.
  • canaussie
    Options
    Yeah, tonight was great. I had only been getting to 3 minutes before I couldn't go any longer, but then tonight at 3 minutes I felt great, so I aimed for 5. I alternate run/walk. After 30 minutes of alternating I just felt great, so I decided to go for an hour. That last 5 min run was tough, but I held on til the end! Happy girl. :)
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    That's excellent! I also started running about 2 months ago. I always hated running. In school I always walked the mile instead of run. Now I find that I actually look forward to it and that it makes my day so much better. Keep up the good work!
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! It's a great feeling seeing how you've improved.
  • aimdawson
    aimdawson Posts: 31
    Options
    That is awesome! That is how I started four years ago. It just takes baby steps and they lead into more. I never thought I could run more than a 5k. I have ran many half marathons and a few full marathons. It started with just running 5 minutes at a time. Great job.
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    yay! ive just noticed the same thing.....was only able to run about 13 mins max in a row about a month ago and today i did 25 mins...yay...good feeling a!
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep it up and before you know it we'll see you running the next 5K...

Blessings,

Diane
  • babyprincess13
    Options
    thats awesome ........and its really very inspiring.i just started trying to run as well.i just completed week 1 on couch to 5k:-)
  • SHERRIE134
    SHERRIE134 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm glad I read your post. Gives me motivation
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! You should be very proud :)
  • GeekMomma42
    Options
    Way to go! Just wanted to let you know that your post is truly motivating to me. I just started and can't run at all. I thought my 3 min run this morning was going to kill me. Your success is wonderful and inspiring.
  • canaussie
    Options
    It makes me even happier to know that I have inspired or motivated even one person! If I can do it, so can you! :)
  • superloretta
    superloretta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats....way to go, the feeling is totally awesome!
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Go you! I'm working on it. I only started Monday though. Never thought I'd try running but I'm damn tired of being fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!