Waist measurements...Where exactly to measure.. Pls help

Options
I just took my measurements...
I lost inches on my neck and hips but nothing on my waist!!!
Am I measuring the right place??? I am measuring the area in line with my belly button....
Thanks for your reply
Hugs

Replies

• daphne_gets_fit
    daphne_gets_fit Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I always thought that for your waist measurement you were supposed to measure right up under your bust, the smallest area between your bust and your hips is your waist, I think???:ohwell:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I measure the small of my back to belly button. I think as long as you are measuring the same spot each time you should be fine.
  • cathleenwm
    Options
    i do nt think so. i watch those shows lol xweighted and he lines with belly button too. :( i am not 100% now either lol u have me thinking ;)
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The smallest area is your waist. It's usually a couple of inches above your belly button. Stand in the mirror, the most narrow part of your mid-section is your waist! Your belly button is probably an inch or more than your actual measurement.
  • cathleenwm
    Options
    my post was to dmartin :)
  • cathleenwm
    Options
    ty i think ur right lol and that took 1 inch off lol ty
  • gozdeh
    gozdeh Posts: 59
    Options
    Thank you! :) I think I will measure again and take that extrea Inch off! :-) what a great start to the day! YAAAAY! :happy:
  • pinksoldier
    Options
    good job on your inch loss! you should be proud!

for the waist measurements, in the army anyways, we measure just right up above the belly button at the small of your waist.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The smallest area is your waist. It's usually a couple of inches above your belly button. Stand in the mirror, the most narrow part of your mid-section is your waist! Your belly button is probably an inch or more than your actual measurement.

This.
  • gozdeh
    gozdeh Posts: 59
    Options
    good job on your inch loss! you should be proud!

Thank you :-)