New & Determined

Options
I am new to this website...actually, I've never posted any personal comments before on a web site before, but I really do figure that I need all the support I can get. I am determined to stick with this until every stinking pound is lost & I'm down to what I should be...for so many reasons. I would appreciate all the support & prayers out there.

Replies

• Melissagreen
    Options
    I am new to this website...actually, I've never posted any personal comments before on a web site before, but I really do figure that I need all the support I can get. I am determined to stick with this until every stinking pound is lost & I'm down to what I should be...for so many reasons. I would appreciate all the support & prayers out there.
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you and I am right here with you losing the extra 60 pounds I have gained after the birth of my two children. SO stick with it we are here for you!!!
  • Melissagreen
    Options
    3 kids & 64 pounds to go

Just imagine picking up a 60 pound bag of sand and carrying it around on your back all day! No wonder I am so exhausted at the end of the day! I can't wait to get this off me!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa, and welcome! This site is just fantastic! You are going to love it, and you WILL lose the weight that you want!!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Hi Melissa, and welcome! This site is just fantastic! You are going to love it, and you WILL lose the weight that you want!!
  • Melissagreen
    Options
    Thank you for the word of encouragement. I go in today at 11:00 to see my weight doctor. This will complete a one month mission of weight loss. I have not weighed in since seeing the doctor. I am anxious to see how much I've lost.

Congratulations on the 22 lbs...GONE!!!
  • prinzess44
    prinzess44 Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome and you can do :happy:
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Thanks Melissa!
    Make sure to let us know how well you did at your weigh in! I'm sure you did just great!!!
  • rhonda79
    rhonda79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm with you. I'm going to lose this weight if it kills me :tongue: we all can use support so if ever need that little extra push just say so and I can give it.
  • Melissagreen
    Options
    Rhonda...accepted you as a "friend"

Not 100% sure what that means. Willing to correspond however.

Went to the weight doctor today. Lost 10 lbs. The doctor & staff seemed very positive with it. However, I was looking for a little bit more.

I have learned so much over the past month. Since joining Myfitnesspal, I have begun to keep a much more accurate tally of my allotted calories for the day. I was grossly underestimating the calorie counts. Who would have dreamed that a large glass of sweet tea had so many calories!!! I wasn't even counting them. Myabe with some admustments in place, I can get a 15 lb. weight loss for next month.

I have a question /concern. Would like input from other ladies. I am having a hysterectomy this coming Monday. I will be taking it REAL easy for a while. I know that I need to be doing some type of exercise daily in order to help lose & tone. I'm not going to be able to do this. BUT...I don't want to get set back in weight loss. Any ideas of how to manage maintaining weight loss & safeguarding my health at the same time? Anyone else ever faced this?
  • BrenNew
    Options
    First off, the 10 pounds you lost is GREAT! You don't want to lose it too quick, it's much better to take it slow and easy.
    Sorry you've gotta have a hysterectomy! But don't worry too much that you won't be able to exercise, because you still CAN lose weight, just by watching what you're eating, and keeping under your totals. And then when you ARE up to it, and it's ok with your Dr., you can start walking, or doing whatever exercises you normally do.
  • ColleenLG
    ColleenLG Posts: 29
    Options
    HI Melissa!! I wanted to say hello and wish you luck. I have not been on here very long either but there are so many very nice and encouraging people. I think it is a great outlet for support. Keep in touch!! :happy: