Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV

poisongirl6485
poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
I'm only 12 lbs down, but apparently it shows (I don't notice it yet). Not one, not two, but THREE coworkers commented that they could tell I'm losing weight!!! Yes!

Replies

• JHoersten2
    JHoersten2 Posts: 44 Member
    Doing better than me. Down 9 lbs and I think the wife just says she notices to make me feel better. :D
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Yeeeahh! That's awesome. I'm 16 lbs down and I have not had any comments from people who don't know I'm dieting. I can see in the mirror and the fit of my clothes speak volumes, but no comments yet. On one hand, I think the winter clothes are hiding my changes. On the other hand, I do ballroom dancing once a week and I wear formfitting clothes (always have, makes movement unrestricted) so you'd think it'd be obvious. It doesn't bother me except that I'm baffled by this. I know I feel great not carrying around the extra pounds. Congrats again and rock on!!
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    I think the wife just says she notices to make me feel better. :D

Lol, women do notice. My bf is only down 5 lbs and he's already skinny to start with... I still notice that there is less torso to hug, there is tone in the muscles on his arm. And the other night I was idly poking his belly (where most of the bulk was before) and it was firm. I asked if he was flexing on purpose and he didn't notice my hand was there in the first place. He notices my changes too-- he grabbed me at the waist last week to maneuver into a hug and asked me where my love handles went. So moral of the story-- more hugging.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    *high five* YES! That is always great to hear!! WOOT!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    I'm only 12 lbs down, but apparently it shows (I don't notice it yet). Not one, not two, but THREE coworkers commented that they could tell I'm losing weight!!! Yes!

You have to love it... we don't notice it ourselves as much, because we see ourselves every day. One of the guys in a different group saw me at the cafeteria the other day and came up and was like "Wow! I haven't seen you in a long time. I see all your updates on FB, and you've dropped some serious weight! Keep it up!"... then, just the other day, one of the girls from another group saw me at the gym and was like "OH MY GOD! You're like HALF of what you were!" lol... don't I wish! But it definitely feels awesome when people take notice and compliment you on your hard work. It lets you know that you're doing good... maybe better than you realize.

Keep up the great work. That 12 lbs will be 20 or 25 before you know it!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Fatastic!!! Keep up the good work!
  • adholcomb
    adholcomb Posts: 33 Member
    WTG
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    I think the wife just says she notices to make me feel better. :D

Lol, women do notice. My bf is only down 5 lbs and he's already skinny to start with... I still notice that there is less torso to hug, there is tone in the muscles on his arm. And the other night I was idly poking his belly (where most of the bulk was before) and it was firm. I asked if he was flexing on purpose and he didn't notice my hand was there in the first place. He notices my changes too-- he grabbed me at the waist last week to maneuver into a hug and asked me where my love handles went. So moral of the story-- more hugging.

haha. that's such a true thing.

i, personally, didn't notice DH had lost size as well as weight til i noticed he was wearing a shirt that had previously lived in the back of the closet - and it looked GOOD on him. but there was definitely a difference too when i gave him a hug later that day.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    That's what's inportant, the positive comments and a healthier you. Don't stress on the scale, it's the devil!
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    :flowerforyou: Only 12 pounds?!?!?! Girl that's awesome...congrats on your noticable success
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!