Introducing myself, can't eat veggies!

Options
Hi,

I have been using this on and off since joining a couple of weeks ago, but have decided today that I need to start filling out everything I eat every day and seeing where I'm going wrong! I'm getting married in July and would like to lose at least 15 pounds for that, so the pressure is on! But I see so many people on here making such great progress that I'm feeling really optimistic today.

One problem that I have is that I can't eat raw vegetables, and most cooked ones hurt me too. My doctors aren't sure what's wrong with me, but I get horrible stomach cramps whenever I eat fruits or vegeables, and m stomach bloats and I am in horrible pain. I used to love vegetables and eat them all of the time, but now I find myself not having many food options and eating lots of carbs instead, which has helped me to gain some of this weight.

Does anyone have any suggestions of healthy snacks and meals that I might be able to eat?

Any advice would be great, I really want to reach my goal weight by July!

Thanks!

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    try upping ur protein intake...i.e. eggs, chicken, fish, red meats, turkey. im just about to go bak onto a high-protein eating plan that i was on b4 i started with MFP in Jan, so from 2day u can look at my diary and get ideas...(u'd need to friend me 1st) my diary is open to my friends :)

hope this helps

best wishes
    Kirstie xx
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It is hard to stay within a proper nutrition goal with no veggies. I understand that because I don't eat them either. I suppose my body would tolerate them, by my taste buds won't. I simply do not like them. I'll watch your post to see what sort of advice you get and will hopefully be able to use some of it too. Thanks for posting!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have similar issue, i just dont like the taste of fruit, vegies and most meats. All i seem to be eating is carbs, but I am substituting most bread with cruskets and rice cakes, this is my only struggle and I am slowly seeing results. I am doing a calorie controlled diet and a strict workout. I am seeing results. Stick with it, also google does help! Good Luck!
  • hollycurran
    Options
    thanks everyone, it feels really good to know there are other ppl in the same position! I actually love vegetables but for some frustrating reason they don't seem to love me. Last year I accidentally ate carrots on a nine hour flight, and i was in agony for at least half of the flight. My stomach bloated so much that I had to hold it while I walked, I looked pregnant! This has happened so many times over the past year, it's almost like I have to eat less healthy foods in order to be able to function, because when I eat healthy foods like veggies, I can't even move I hurt so badly! But I'll let ppl know as I come up with different ideas. One thing that works really well for me is making pureed soups, I can eat those vegetables and there are many healthy recipes online.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have been using this on and off since joining a couple of weeks ago, but have decided today that I need to start filling out everything I eat every day and seeing where I'm going wrong! I'm getting married in July and would like to lose at least 15 pounds for that, so the pressure is on! But I see so many people on here making such great progress that I'm feeling really optimistic today.

One problem that I have is that I can't eat raw vegetables, and most cooked ones hurt me too. My doctors aren't sure what's wrong with me, but I get horrible stomach cramps whenever I eat fruits or vegeables, and m stomach bloats and I am in horrible pain. I used to love vegetables and eat them all of the time, but now I find myself not having many food options and eating lots of carbs instead, which has helped me to gain some of this weight.

Does anyone have any suggestions of healthy snacks and meals that I might be able to eat?

Any advice would be great, I really want to reach my goal weight by July!

Thanks!

Have you had some allergy testing? You say most cooked so there are some cooked that don't have that effect? It might get a bit repeative but i'd probably stock up on them.

Edit : Just saw your second post. If you can have soups then it might be an idea to do a big batch of soup then have a little soup starter with at least one meal a day to get your veg in and help fill you up so you have less of the carbs.
  • MoMoves
    MoMoves Posts: 36
    Options
    I have friend that has the same sounding issue and she invested in a quality juicer and juices all her fruits & veggies. Something about liquifying it all helps her body to digest & process them without all the physical grief & pain...but she doesn't loose the nutritinal value. Something for you to consider!
  • hollycurran
    Options
    that's a really great idea, thanks!! THanks everyone for all of the support and ideas!